Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hello/bonjour

Hello/bonjour
I’ve found EuroGA a couple of times in the past when looking things up on the internet, was impressed at how informative and balanced it is, and joined after seeing some leaflets at Cherbourg a few weeks ago. I’ve made a couple of small posts, but don’t want to be rude so am saying ‘hello’ to introduce myself properly. Now recently a father and with limited time for flying, I fear I’m becoming a parrot, i.e. doing more talking than flying.
I learnt to fly in France in 2007, and still fly there regularly, despite being based at Popham in southern England; I also have a night qualification and FAA private licence. An IR would be nice, but don’t have the time for the theory and training or the ready cash to do it ‘properly’. Longer distance, I’ve been to Corsica twice, Slovenia and Croatia, and the Florida Keys, but recently mostly it’s lunch in northern France at or within a half hour’s flight of an aéroport douanier. I mostly fly Robins, usually DR.221 and DR.400, also DR.250, DR.315, Aquila A210, Piper PA-17, Wassmer WA52 and in Florida rental C172s and PA28s.
Guy

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Welcome Capitaine Guy!

LSZH, LSZF, Switzerland

Welcome Guy.
I really enjoy flying the DR400.
It sounds like you’ve done a fair bit.
Keep you’re eye on the CBIR. Maybe one day it will fit into your lifestyle.
Pete.

United Kingdom

Hello Guy,
Welcome – where did you learn to fly in France?
Jenny

Bordeaux

Welcome to EuroGA, Capitaine

I am very happy to see the leaflets work… probably the ones I left there some weeks ago

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Bienvenue Capitaine Guy !

We try to be a honourable forum, but it is sometimes diffucult to achieve
I found EuroGA when searching a specific topic on Google too.

LFOU, France

Capitaine great list of types flown – the DR.250 is a type I have long admired, and the Vagabond is a brilliant two seater, look forward to reading your posts. Popham is also a great base, I visit friends at Chilbolton which is nearby.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Thank you @Vladimir !

GA_Pete wrote:

It sounds like you’ve done a fair bit.
Keep you’re eye on the CBIR.

@GA_Pete I’m starting to sound like one of the old farts: “I’ve done this, I’ve done that…”
All I want is VFR on top and then descend through the layer to land; the CBIR might work longer term?

Jojo wrote:

where did you learn to fly in France?

Hello Jenny @Jojo
Autun LFQF in Saône-et-Loire: 4 planes and 3 instructors, rural, nice, laid back; I still go every year, to support the aéroclub and because I have good memories. Where are you based?

Merci @Jujupilote
I’ll try to behave :)

@RobertL18C
The DR.250 is a friend’s, which I’ve wanted to buy for years but for lack of funds and cohones (could do a long heart-wrenching post on this). The Vagabond is fun but oh soo sloooow – and lively on tarmac. Small world: my godfather was vicar in Chilbolton when I was young.

Last Edited by Capitaine at 30 May 14:18
EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message