Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hello from a freshly minted Pilot (PPL)

Hello!!!

After lurking in the forums intensely over the last months, I have gathered courage to introduce myself. The inspiration and motivation present on this platform is commendable, considering variety of experience and knowledge represented here. My sincere thanks to all of you for this open attitude and I hope to join in and continue what you have been doing.

My name is Harsha, am 36 years old, married and expecting our first kid this year. By profession I am an engineer in the automobile industry. As most of you here, I have dreamt of flying since young age as I was heavily exposed to images/stories/media of aircraft/aviation (one of my parents was employed by an Aircraft (parts) manufacturer). My PPL training started in Mar2015, after intermittent phases of progress, I’ve obtained my PPL in Aug 2018!!!

I am currently based out of EDNL but will shortly be shifting to Dusseldorf/Wuppertal region from Jan 2019. Looking forward to continue my flying learning and enjoying in the coming years. Would welcome tips/suggestions/introductions to opportunities to practice and further my flying aspirations to this end.

Germany

Welcome to EuroGA, @acquilinus

It is great that you are looking to further your flying soon after getting your PPL, rather than sitting around doing local €200 burger runs.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello @acquilinus

Good to have you here. I have a very similar profile to you in age, family & industry. Got my licence late last year after a VERY long and interrupted process.

I would advise you to get yourself easy and reasonably priced access to a decent aircraft. It is easy to find excuses not to go flying. Try to keep pushing yourself to go to new places and practice things like PFLs, stalls, zone transits etc.

Above all, enjoy. Never lose sight of how privileged you are to be able to get up there in the sky. Happy flying.

S57
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Welcome to the forum, congrats for the PPL it is a quit achievement to get it over 3 years than on 4 weeks

Same motivation speech here: avoid getting bored by expanding your range/experience beyond just a flying dream = the PPL burger runs (it become boring/expensive for what it give back), enjoy the sky !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Congratulations Harsha. It took me more than two years to finish my PPL (During which I was in EDNL a few times). I guess the main thing is that you persisted in spite of changing priorities during the period.

EDMB, Germany

Congratulations! Welcome to the forum, and Germany has some lovely airports to explore, take Juist, Wangerooge and Langenooge to name a few. I visited these just after getting my PPL and it made me feel like I was Charles Lindbergh :-)

EHTE, Netherlands

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Peter wrote:

It is great that you are looking to further your flying soon after getting your PPL, rather than sitting around doing local €200 burger runs.

Reading this forum has certainly changed my perspective in this regard, during my training it seemed as though I was preparing a list of good restaurants to eat at!!! I still have a bunch of restaurant reviews which I will publish on trip advisor.
This year I plan to get acquainted with two more types, a Piper Archer and a Cessna 172 and hopefully a difference training for G1000 (So far most of my hours have been on Aquila). Once I move to new geographical coordinates, I would like to get my night qualification which would also serve as getting to know other FIs/aircraft and the place itself.

Ibra wrote:

it is a quit achievement to get it over 3 years than on 4 weeks

Arun wrote:

I guess the main thing is that you persisted in spite of changing priorities during the period.

Well quite a few things weren’t clear in the process for me procedure wise in addition to the usual time and weather restrictions. And even now I don’t have the language rating for German entered on my PPL and am figuring out how to go about it. You’re right, it feels good have persisted!

Germany

Congratulatons acquilinus ! Travel beginners are welcome here !
And burger runs are not the easiest flights around. My success rate is about 25% :(

Last Edited by Jujupilote at 26 Sep 08:37
LFOU, France

Congratulations!

As some wize guy said…..“a license to learn”. So true.

ESOW, Sweden

Congratulations, have fun, and maybe see you around in the Düsseldorf area sometime soon.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message