Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help from our German friends

Thanks both. Will PM.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

David, would your relation be interested in a dictionary of Dutch language, dated 1946? If so please PM, it is a bit of a peculiar story.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I am sorry for the delay, but first the shop owner was on holiday and then I had too much work during opening hours. He has just one complete (etymological) dictionary in two volumes for at least 140€. Other than that, he has no dictionaries or etymological dictionaries.

However, I passed a free public book shelf and found this. I can send it to you for shipping, if you are interested:

Granted, it’s literature and nothing for comparative language studies, but sure an important part of German culture and language.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I have been in one of the stores I mentioned today. He has none of the possible dictionaries, but would have some books on idioms or poetry… And he did have a nice book on Hugo Junkers, that I have bought (I hope that isn’t a trend, would get expensive :-) ) The shop owner did mention the Kluge (the second link Achim mentioned).

The other store I had in mind was closed so I’ll drop by tomorrow. The third one turned into some sort of game shop (Warhammer store ro something like that… hope that isn’t a trend to close bookstores for plastic figure shops… )

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

I am back on my Nokia Symbian phone so I can’t do anything, sorry…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

David wrote:

Warning, this isn’t in the least bit aviation related.

I believe an administrator should remove this thread, as it is in violation of the forum rules:

David wrote:

As Bosco says, Hangar Talk is really for discussing matters related to aviation which don’t fit neatly in one of the other topics.

(quoted from: http://www.euroga.org/forums/website/5137-moving-or-deleting-unrelated-posts)

Sorry, sorry – couldn’t resist. I better run…

mh wrote:

I have two or three antique bookstores nearby. I’ll drop by tomorrow and ask them, maybe they can recommend something.

If Malte doesn’t find what you’re looking for, I can look as well. Maybe if @boscomantico could point me to the best antique book shop in Lübeck’s old town, that would be good euroga team work… I’ll be there until Thursday.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Sorry, traveling abroad. But if I see something after my return to Munich, I’ll let you know.

Fantastic! Thank you.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

I have two or three antique bookstores nearby. I’ll drop by tomorrow and ask them, maybe they can recommend something.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message