Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Help to localize the photo

I am sure it´s a simple task for someone local at that given airport ;-) Look to me as an area around Grenoble and Chambery but few quick looks at the street view of Google didn´t help me. Anybody recognizing the place? Photo is probably mid 60ties till mid 70ties.

Last Edited by Michal at 16 Dec 20:16
LKKU, LKTB

I tried the “obvious” – dropping the jpeg into images.google.co.uk – but it finds nothing resembling.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

but it finds nothing resembling.

yes, this was the first step two hours ago ;-) I also removed the Zlin and kept the rocks only – and get disappointing by what Google was suggesting as visually similar photos…

LKKU, LKTB

That looks like Annecy LFLP to me.

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

the more I look at it the more I am convinced it is LFLP

I have just gone through my Annecy pics, including ones taken this year from the airport, and none of them show that unusual rock formation.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I might make a complete ass out of myself, but this looks like the same plane/tail number at LFLP.

Peter wrote :
“I have just gone through my Annecy pics, including ones taken this year from the airport, and none of them show that unusual rock formation.”

I live about 30 minutes away – I’ll drive up over the weekend and try to reproduce that pic. I believe it is taken from the current aeroclub house in the direction of Cuvat/Argonnay etc. (I’m in LA for work at the moment)

i think the original one is not having V as the last letter of the registration. But close enough, so this is a sister of the aircraft above…

LKKU, LKTB

My initial guess was Chambery. What I didn´t know there are two airports there, thanks ourairports.com ;-)
the location is LFLE Chambéry-Challes-les-Eaux Airport
street view on google maps

LKKU, LKTB
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message