Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Hiking fly-in: Spain 2018, LECD etc

I won’t erase it if it is polite… it just goes to the usual place

I would be up for a trip to Spain in November. The wx might still be OK, with a bit of luck. I recall a great trip to Zaragoza… deep blue skies, very cold, but amazing. And I can walk – do a 700ft local “hill” daily.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Please not this debate !

Agreed – twice

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

LESU would be fine for us!

EDDS , Germany

LECD is nicer. More aviation going on (gliders)and a nice town nearby. Great restaurant on the field too. And a ski resort quite close.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Thank you aart ! LECD looks quite active indeed !

Peter wrote:

I would be up for a trip to Spain in November.

I didn’t expect such a short notice. This trip should

• be accessible to VFR pilots → during a time of friendly weather
  • be family-friendly → people will need time to convince family/ask for holidays

In November, it must be snowy there too. I was thinking about May-June 2018.

LFOU, France

LECD deffo on my bucket list. Maybe not for the full duration of the hike, but certainly for a quick 1-2 day trip. A great destination for an early spring trip?

Bordeaux

Is anyone aware that (according to the info I was able to find) LECD has nothing, no immigration/customs and no fuel. I wonder if the fuel is the “unofficial arrangement”? I can’t believe the locals all fly away to get filled up.

Administrator

Yes, LECD is poorly equipped but it is the cost of being so close to the mountains. Some may prefer to land at LESU for several reasons, like the Menorca flyin.
As a customs stop will be needed, fuel could be addressed at the same stop.
But yes, a direct from EGKA and back is not possible, except if you drive from LELL or LFMP (1.5 hour drive) sorry :wink

LFOU, France

LESU:

Administrator

Clever to use the first letter of the Spanish words for summer and winter in the English part of the AIP…. At least I assume that’s what “V” and “I” mean.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
Sign in to add your message