Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

homebuiltairplanes.com off-line?

http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com worked for me this morning, but has been unavailable for several hours now..?

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

It says the domain name has expired.
Maybe I should buy it?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

All ok again. Looks like a DNS hickup.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hmm. I have bumped into that forum when googling after some stuff. Jan, do you think it is a good forum?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

It depends, what you are looking for, LeSving. Some interesting topics/infos, but much rubbish in-between. (Like in virtually every aviation forum, I guess).

(BTW: doesn’t work – DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN)

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

do you think it is a good forum?

Took me a while to come back to this one – I had a hard time in foreign airspace, recently, and it is a bit of an awkward question…

Do I think it is… ? Honestly, I prefer to avoid thinking. Done properly, thinking is a hard process and I keep away from it as much as I can.

I do visit that forum, at times, and will even post there, though rarely; so yes, it seems a valid place to me. Good enough for this aviation cadet, at least. Quite fine moderation, and not too many know-it-alls around. Yet there is great truth in mh’s words “much rubbish in-between. Like in virtually every aviation forum” – even the “aviation” word could have been left out.

Last Edited by at 09 Aug 17:24
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I’d like to think that EuroGA has a fairly low “rubbish ratio”

When it was started up, lots of people said to me “just wait, it will go down like every other aviation forum within a year” but it has not done that. Not a single (aviation related) poster has been banned, only 1 or 2 posts have been edited due to content, maybe a couple of dozen have been deleted due to content (with these being concentrated in certain well known areas) and this is across 1111 registered users and 43549 posts as of today.

I think if you don’t do any moderation, or run a forum for maximum activity (usually that means max advert clicks) then it is sure to get trashed soon, and will turn into a site suitable only for people with a thick skin.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message