Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Homeless (lost hangarage)

For no apparent reason, I have just been informed that I must leave my hangarage at Denham by the end of the month.
Presumably some knee-jerk reaction to the recent court case regarding helicopter noise.
Since my Falco cannot live outside and I live just a few miles from Denham, this has rather ruined my day.

Forever learning
EGTB

Bummer! Can you fight it?

Is Denham closing all hangarage? Otherwise, there must be more behind this. GA airfield politics is impenetrable at the best of times and is an area of life where landowners truly own the universe.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I can imagine.

Any chances in either Elstree or Wycombe? They appear to be not too far away from Denham…

But I don’t know how British law is, if you stop a rental contract just like that, you need to give a reason normally.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Fairoaks is nice but expensive!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

I suspect that the current Court Case may be affecting the owner’s judgement. They have offered me outside space but that’s not suitable for a wooden aeroplane.
Fairoaks doesn’t have space and since I live very near Denham anywhere except maybe Booker is just going to mean a complete loss of convenience/interest for me.

Forever learning
EGTB

I think Booker could find you space. Check PMs.

Not sure the court case is the driver. Which hangar at Denham, the brand new one next to Flying TV?

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

No, I’m in the small one next to HQ, a company that seems to be rapidly expanding………..

Forever learning
EGTB

A quick fix for a couple of weeks outside would be complete covering with Jaxidas (http://www.jaxida-cover.de/home/). They have hail protection, too.

But I don’t understand … if it’s about helicopter noise, how would parking a fixed wing aircraft outside would do any difference? Do those helicopters need the space to fly indoors?

Last Edited by mh at 01 Mar 21:40
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Strange in the context of the court case given that HQ is rotary isn’t it ? The owners also apparently turned down some significant proposed investment by Jetfly with their PC-12’s (hangarage, better “terminal” for the pax) 2 years ago which might also have created more activity on the field.

It used to take me 15 minutes to drive to Denham from Ealing, but am now flying from Waltham so 35-40 minutes. Booker is not too bad distance wise though and it would only take you a couple of minutes to make up the difference in your aircraft once airborne given its speed! Either way, sorry to hear that, yours is a beauty and I can understand that you would want to be able to get to her with a minimum of inconvenience.

CKN
EGLM (White Waltham)
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message