Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How do bizjet owners deal with Part NCC?

A single private operator is a non complex operation. It is covered by Part-NCC but is treated as a non complex operation which as @Snoopy says means the organisational requirements are simpler.

EGTK Oxford

I am advised this by one guy who runs a number of these:

Posts moved into an identical previous thread.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I do not think a license is mandatory if other suitable qualifications exist. I’m pretty sure about it.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 28 Jan 07:26
always learning
LO__, Austria

Do you need a pilot’s license to be Safety/Compliance Manager? Is there a list of requirements for any position in the AMCs?

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS

I inquired. The answer is yes, with the exception of Safety/Compliance Manager. If your wife has a pilot’s license she could fill the post.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Snoopy wrote:

Owner can be accountable manager and fill all (if required) other positions.
Can you really do that? You can’t in an ATO, or a basic commercial ops flying intro flights.
ESMK, Sweden

A vlj owner pilot flown should be a non complex operation as deemed by the authority. It’s straightforward. NCC manual templates are available (pm me if you need one). Owner can be accountable manager and fill all (if required) other positions.

Max crew hours will never be a problem on private flights.

There is no definition for non-complex operators in the Air OPS rules. AMC1 ORO.GEN.200(b) provides some basic criteria to help an operator build a customised SMS, to establish which of the management systems described in the Air OPS rules it should follow: the more comprehensive one, for complex organisations, or the one containing specific alleviations for the non-complex operators.
In conclusion, the term “non-complex”, which announces the publication of this OM template, refers to the operator, not the type of aircraft.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 26 Jan 16:39
always learning
LO__, Austria

We have a Part-NCC ops manual, and we have an inspection coming up. I will report afterwards.

The UK CAA seems to be going round doing audits on people who have declared they have the manual. I wonder if they are going round looking at all of those who haven’t bothered to do anything. The former is easy but it’s the latter group that are probably a bit more cavalier in their approach.

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I am told that

• over 5700kg, or
  • turbojet engine(s)

triggers this. All kinds of requirements e.g.

• declare the operation to local CAA
  • comply with max crew hours

The max crew hours is a grey area. You must be in compliance with your ops manual. The ops manual may / may not mention a fatigue management system. Nothing says it needs to. But if it doesn’t, that may get picked up as a finding during an audit!

Apparently, most private owners pay a huge amount of money to someone to have their Part-NCC stuff dealt with.

The only solution is a non EU operator.

Administrator

There is some history to this. If you search here for “turboprop” you find the original EASA “complex” proposal which made twin turboprops “complex” and as a result looked and smelt exactly like a middle finger up an attempt to set out an aggressive negotiating position with the FAA, given that the US almost totally owns the ME turboprop scene with the King Air but Europe almost totally owns the SE turboprop scene with the TBM and the PC12. Especially as the max seat config of the PC12 just happens to avoid the “complex” definition too It’s hard to get somebody to sign a treaty if you stick a pencil in their eye beforehand, so they had to back down on this one.

Administrator
32 Posts
Sign in to add your message