Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How is Apple still in business?

I think I ended up in the situation where Knox is still working, somehow… I am not going to look a gift horse in the mouth

It is not hard for any app to check if a phone is rooted. All it has to do is try to open /system/bin or whatever… if it works, the phone is rooted. Same on IOS.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yeah, I just dodged Knox altogether by completely removing it…
I installed GP w/ no problem after that though… not sure what’s going on.

In the end, I removed GP b/c I didn’t think it was up to snuff yet (for my purposes)

This topic is partially right for this question…

My 2011 Ipad2 has apparently got caught by the Apple update bug which is all over the internet right now. It says “activation required” but selecting activation does nothing.

There is no data on it worth anything. Is there any way to reset an Ipad2 to factory settings without installing the dreaded virus called Itunes on a PC? Is there some button combination like there is with Android?

Otherwise it will be a trip to the “Genius Bar” in Brighton

This just happened out of the blue. No recent updates have been done. It would have been really great if the device was used for some serious purpose…

Administrator

I’ve the same Ipad2 and I had the same “surprise” a week or so ago when turning it on to lookup a VAC chart in the cockpit .. I had to reset it using Itunes & reinstall everything.

On the upside, it feels like it is performing better now. It probably helped to remove a bunch of useless apps, and maybe the latest OS is kinder with old hardware than its predecessor (after removing animated transitions, etc)

I had a “do not update” label stuck on it but somebody did click on the OS update and updated it, quite some months ago. It was originally bought in 2011 for me to hammer the JAA IR computer exam question bank but nowadays we use it mainly as a device for guests which they “can’t mess up and if they do it doesn’t matter”. It has only just now stopped working, which is very strange, months after the update.

Administrator

We have 5 ipads and 4 iphones in our house and no itunes/main computer interaction at all – just do a reset on the device from settings>general and then setup again using the profile stored on icloud

Now retired from forums best wishes

ps you can put restrictions on so updates and app store etc can’t be accessed (useful for kids ipads )

just do a reset on the device from settings>general

The problem in this case is that the device powers up and puts up a blank screen saying it cannot access the activation server. No way to get into Settings, or anything else.

What I was looking for was something like the Android “three finger gesture” for a factory reset.

However this whole thing is a bit strange since an Ipad should be usable without an internet connection.

Administrator

have you tried a hard reset with home and wake buttons?

Yes – takes you back to the page with the message.

Administrator
110 Posts
Sign in to add your message