Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

How to pay the seller of an aircraft

However elsewhere on the page it says (google translation)

So France doesn’t appear to have a “criminal offence” threshold on transactions between two parties which are both willing to do it, on say a car or (by extension) a plane. Houses are limited to €3k, probably for obvious reasons

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

For example Greece apparently (ambiguous language) wants it traceable above €1500

This limit was reduced to €500 with law nr. 3842/2010

Source: https://www.taxheaven.gr/news/news/view/id/32674

ESME, ESMS

You can still spend your suitcase of illicit €500 notes then… they probably came from further up north anyway

Administrator

You pay deposit into escrow (non-refundable). Escrow informs both seller and buyer deposit is in place. Now you fulfill all that was agreed upon for sale – pre-buy’s, annuals, what needs fixing and who pays for that etc. You draft an Aircraft Purchase Agreement where all this is written down. After everything is kosher and both parties are happy, you deposit the remaining money and a Bill of Sale (registration in the eyes of the FAA) is issued. Once the bill of sale is signed and you’ve picked up the plane, the funds are released to seller.

Here an example of a purchase agreement

Michael wrote:

Silvaire wrote:
I paid with $100 bills.

Totally illegal in most of Europe for any purchase over 5000€ .

Just saying …

That’s a shame, if and where true. I know there are limits in Italy, and remember being a bit shocked when I read of them.

It’s certainly not illegal in the US and there would be popular meltdown if it were made illegal. My life is not a series of transactions from which somebody else can siphon a cut, so I tend to buy vehicles from private parties, I tend to pay cash, and I’ll be doing so for the rest of my life.

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Feb 15:39

So, what makes you believe someone’s not siphoning a cut from your cash transactions? AFAIK, that’s the most expensive way of buying. Also in the US.

EFHF

How much experience do you have registering vehicles, including Federally registered planes, bought and sold by private parties as a resident in any US state?

Why do you think either withdrawing or depositing money from personal bank accounts is relatively expensive when compared to other methods of non-financed money transfer between individuals?

Last Edited by Silvaire at 19 Feb 19:15

I sold a £2200 share in a Pa 28to a young guy who was buying cars at the car mart, driving them north, and selling them. He payed cash, and most of the notes were small denomination. Envelope slipped to me by a third party, under the table, in a restaurant.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

For a valuable aircraft I would use escrow.

EGTK Oxford

“Valuable” is clearly relative to one’s wealth i.e. how much one can afford to lose.

Hence I wonder what specific protection escrow gives you. Clearly it has an application where there is less than complete trust.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message