Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Accidents after a distraction

dublinpilot wrote:

That may be the case in your aircraft, but if someone told you that rather than reading it in the POH yourself, then I’d read the POH.

The proceedure in the PA28 that I fly is quite different, and involves closing off all air vents into the cabin. I’ve the door pop open a few times due to a dodgy catch that took a while to get repaired, and I can testity that it’s nearly impossible to close (even with two people) if you use the incorrect proceedure, but using the correct proceedure it’s an non event, even if solo.

Maybe the procedures vary with your aircraft but the procedure for the Warrior and the Archer 3 at our club (according to the POH) is reduce speed to below 90 knots, open storm window, close door… that’s from memory, will look next time I’m at the club but I assure you that is not ’word of mouth, that was in the POH….

Last Edited by Steve6443 at 14 Aug 11:14
EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

Maybe the procedures vary with your aircraft but the procedure for the Warrior and the Archer 3 at our club (according to the POH) is reduce speed to below 90 knots, open storm window, close door… that’s from memory, will look next time I’m at the club but I assure you that is not ’word of mouth, that was in the POH….
For our Archer 2, the procedure is 87 KIAS, close the cabin vents and open the storm window.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message