Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Icon A5

Icon announced today they are laying off 40% of their workforce.

It’s kind of amusing to re-read this thread from the beginning, as I just did

Last Edited by Silvaire at 03 Aug 04:39

Noe wrote:

I was actually surprised to see how many jetties there were on small lakes, and wondered what they were used for – but it was the Midwest and people probably get bored easily there.

I would really love to see someone docking an Icon A5 at a jetty in those winds that the midwest is famous for. I bet it would make for interesting viewing in anything over 12kts. Not every lakeside property is a natural environment for a seaplane. I live right beside the lake and survey almost everywhere I can, to see where I could have an aircraft securely parked. Those smooth gradual lawns on the brochures/fbook pics that transition into the water are rare as hens teeth over here.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

US AOPA article

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

WilliamF wrote:

I would really love to see someone docking an Icon A5 at a jetty in those winds that the midwest is famous for.

I had a look at the Icon at one of the airplane shows here and what struck me as an oversight was that there is no way to maneuver the plane without the prop running. I asked if they had an option for a little (electric) outboard engine and they blankly stared at me. It also doesn’t have any water rudder. I suspect that docking that thing might be somewhat challenging.

124 Posts
Sign in to add your message