Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

If you could change your flying what would it be?

Mooney_Driver wrote:

It will do a lot the PC12 does but at a much lower pricetag.

Except cruise for 1500 NM at >200 KTAS in FL260

For myself, If money and time wasn’t an issue, I’d update the seaplane to a Goose, the aerobatic plane to an EA330LP and the glider to an ASG32MI. For cruising with the family, a V35TC is on my wifes wishlist.

From an engineering perspective, I think to rebuild a Dornier 26 would be a nice and worthwhile challenge.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

@Robert18C and @Silvaire, thanks for the heads-up. I of course know of PlusOne but hadn’t realized they have taildraggers !

however in Europe are not of much use for private ops as you have to operate from airport to airport still,

Mercifully, that is only true of a few countries in which people gleefully vote to extinguish each other’s basic human and property rights. If I couldn’t fly from my own home, I would move somewhere less afflicted by social authoritarianism.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

Jacko wrote:

Mercifully, that is only true of a few countries in which people gleefully vote to extinguish each other’s basic human and property rights. If I couldn’t fly from my own home, I would move somewhere less afflicted by social authoritarianism.

There is really no need to politicise everything, Jacko. You should feel happy about the privileges you enjoy, instead of pointing your fingers at those of us who live in more densely populated countries where the populations have other priorities than the preferences of its landowners.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Population density – Germany – 227 per km2
Population density – UK – 266 per km2

Just sayin’…

but I agree with the sentiment that it is not helpful to point out the misfortune of others, as they can feel offended.

Biggin Hill

Cobalt wrote:

Population density – Germany – 227 per km2
Population density – UK – 266 per km2

Just sayin’…

Yeah, but that’s heavily skewed regionally. I doubt the part of Scotland where Jacko lives is anywhere near 266/km²…

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

MedEwok wrote:

Yeah, but that’s heavily skewed regionally. I doubt the part of Scotland where Jacko lives is anywhere near 266/km²…

67.5/m² according to Wikipedia.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

It has nothing to do with population density, worth getting a look at the number of public airports and private strips in LA, TX or FL…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Airborne_Again wrote:

67.5/m² according to Wikipedia.

We can counter with Mecklenburg Vorpommern: 69. Or 85 in Brandenburg where you can build a farm strip if your pockets are deep enough (like 7 billion quid deep). But population density is probably not the factor that makes a difference as Ibra wrote. It is more likely the level of remoteness. Northern Germany is totally flat and was well connected with railway lines all over the place (today not so much) and nowadays motorways get you to the capital in less than an hour if you have a car. There was never a need for an aviation culture. Also, people who could afford to have an airplane don’t live there. They may have got a cabin and a boat at the Havel but they are going to leave by Sunday afternoon because they can’t get broadband internet or cellphone coverage there.

EDQH, Germany

Live closer from an airfield.
Then probably owning a plane would make sense.

We see more and more people willing to leave the metropolises to medium-size towns. That could help GA in the medium-term.

LFOU, France
Sign in to add your message