Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR flight plan for local flight up to FL250

All,

I would like to show our aircraft to some candidates who might join us in the shared ownership. it is a Piper Jetprop and I would like to do an IFR local flight (departure and destination are the same) with flying up FL 250.. I am using Rocketroute which does not allow ADEP and ADES to be the same. How do I fill out this flight plan? Would I pick some random waypoints to make my flight a triangle and return?

Albert

EDHL

Normally I would call AIS or in the UK London Control and ask them what they want me to file.

EGTK Oxford

I have done this. The thing to do is to go to the area around Marham. You can then fly in Class C under London Mil. You need to fill in a form in advance, but it does give you loads of pretty much uncontrolled latitude.

EGKB Biggin Hill

I have tried this in Norfolk but Norwich ATC would not let me go above FL195. They once let me go to FL200 and then got a bollocking from London Control so told me to go back down quickly. On another occassion London Mil would not let me go above FL195 too. Maybe I picked the wrong place or didn’t use the right procedure?

Above FL195 is Class C.

Where do you get that form?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Are you friendly with the local IR training school? They must file ADEP=ADES most of the time. They should know the tricks.

Do you just want to fly straight and level for some time at FL250 or do you want to do some manoeuvres, show some climbs and descent, some general handling? If the latter I guess it would require more coordination with ATC in advance.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

If your airport has an NDB/VOR use that as a waypoint and manually force EET. RR allows that. Otherwise use you random waypoint option.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 13 Mar 18:04
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

EuroFPL also allows the EET to be altered.

However how does this pass Eurocontrol validation? They apply their own EET calculation to it, and allow a margin of around 1.5x either way, and if your files EET falls outside that, they reject it with a message saying so.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If it gets rejected because of the EET, in Field 18 put STAYINFO01/WPT#### where WPT is your IFR waypoint and #### is a time in hrs/minutes (ie 0130 for 1hr 30 mins). You can also use DLE.

So a couple of examples if you want to delay at Seaford VOR for 1hr 30 minutes would be:

STAYINFO01/SFD0130
DLE/SFD0130

If you want to use multiple ‘holding’ locations you can only use the STAYINFO with the subsequent holding points being STAYINFO02 etc.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Couldn’t you file a flight plan to an airfield destination on the route and another one back and just tell ATC when airborne that you are not landing there and they should activate the return flight plan when close to the airfield?

EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

You can file this with the Aeroplus flight plan app, but alternatively, file a flightplan to destination with a route at FL250 and your departure aerodrome as alternate. Then call them up beforehand or when calling the tower at the departure aerodrome and tell them that you will divert back to the alternate somewhere in flight.

EDLE, Netherlands
16 Posts
Sign in to add your message