Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IFR Routing GWC - BILGO

I go up and down from Fairoaks EGTF to Annemasse LFLI quite often. The airspace across the channel seems to have changed lately, and I can’t plan a legal route from the MID/GWC/SFD area to DPE or ABB to join the airways to BILGO and then B3 south.

autorouter sends me via DVR. I actually filed that last time but because it was a Sunday and London Control were busy, I couldn’t join controlled airspace until DVR – quite a long way around.

Anyone know a legal IFR route SE across the Channel at any level up to FL250 (FL180 preferred)?

Last Edited by chrisparker at 05 Aug 13:36
Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

hi
am getting this as an option which gets you to ABB then BILGO.

DCT GWC DCT BOGNA/N0160F120 DCT SUBIP DCT ABUDA/N0160F110 DCT ABB/N0160F090 H40 XORBI H20 BILGO B3 DIKOL/N0160F080 B3 VATRI G40 ARSIL B13 SOMDA A6 DJL

LFLP

It makes no difference to the total distance whether you go W or E of Paris, so the best shortcut is a VFR DCT to DPE or some such. You Chris know how the LTMA “works” (LGW and LHR traffic) and I would be amazed if you could get an IFR clearance with London Control straight out of Fairoaks, FL100 or so, going S/SE, so the VFR departure is maybe the best way to go.

Also if you can get to FL200+ before Paris then you can overfly Paris and then you get a real shortcut!

However I have tried it with Achim’s router but can’t get any way to make TRIN go above FL190 to get the Paris shortcut. I have tried with FlightPlanPro which does the same routes up to FL190 but FL200+ fails at Eurocontrol, with a cryptic error message.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Like pashab’s route but with less level changes. Initial alt is FL100

DCT GWC DCT BOGNA/N0160F120 DCT SUBIP DCT ABUDA/N0160F180 DCT ABB H40 XORBI H20 BILGO B3 DIKOL B3 VATRI G40 ARSIL B13 SOMDA A6 DJL

Thanks guys. I’ll try these routes when I get home later.

In Dubai flying A340-600 to LHR this morning. Final A340 flight after 21 years on type. Start the B787 conversion next Monday! (More toys!)

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

@achimha might know something.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Enjoy your final A340 flight Chris – that’s quite an achievement! Good luck with the conversion.

UK, United Kingdom
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message