Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

In Goose Bay ready for crossing

Cool pic! Cannot wait to read the report!

Be Dutch!
EGMA

Here is a teaser picture from Kulusuk.

EGTK Oxford

Well done, the sort of experience many dream of but you have actually done it!

Indeed

I too look forward to a trip write up on this and some pictures.

Well done, the sort of experience many dream of but you have actually done it!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

So we made it! After such a long trip, the excitement of flying at FL250 in towards london and dealing with the hectic ATC environment helped us wake up as did the necessary NDB DME into EGTK.

Will write up the trip and let you all read it.

EGTK Oxford

Congratulations!

EGTK Oxford

Hi Guys. Yes, we Are in a PA-46 Piston. Today was interesting as we would have flown to Wick but it closed at 1700 on Saturdays.

4.5 hour flight of c.800 n. miles. Only real issue was Sigmets over Iceland due to mountain wave activity from FL200 to 350. We overflew northern Iceland at 250 and some of the clouds were worrying even though we had no turbulence at all and were north of the SIGMET. We still saw some real rollercoasters but it was smooth.

We arrived In the Faroes with 20 mins to spare before they would have charged us a fine for staying open after 800 miles it was entirely to plan.

We had in flight satellite and weather and knew Vagar was clear. And over Iceland decided we would continue. Iceland a real mess at the meant. Yesterday saw 70kt winds which is why we stayed in Kulusuk. Not sure I would want to shoot the LOC here in low minima IMC.

EGTK Oxford

The progress page shows the reg as N394SE which decodes to a PA-46.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Hi Jason,

I'm not sure what you are flying but I guess it's something small, so congratulations. And if it's sitting behind a single engine I take may hat off to you....a single engine crossing used to be on my wish list, but as I'm somewhat older now I my gonads are not big enough.

With two or more turbofans behind you the trip is a lot LESS of a challenge, but it's still a memorable experience, and something that you should write up. I'm sure many here are looking forward to reading your trip report. Enjoy every minute of the remaining legs.

Don't fly too slow, and never fly fas...
at the moment I spend a lot of time in LFMN
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message