Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good models for flight training briefings

What I am looking can also be quite simple with only the primary flight controls but without the yoke/pedals to move them. It will be sufficient for briefings anyway.

ESSZ, Sweden

The one in the image appears to have brass linkages.

Of the decades-old models of this type I used, there were really only three types of defects
– broken plastic links (which now appear to be made from brass, so should be fine)
– bent mechanichs (flap mechanism) – it bends back
– on one aileron only – rear half broken off along the grain after what is best described as a very hard landing. Had to be glued back on every few months.

So all in all, they last pretty well.

Biggin Hill

The fragile look of the rudder pedals is replicated very authentically on this model. I don’t even want to know what the ignition and door keys look like, haha ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

Thanks! I will look into those ones. Maybe I also now someone who can make them last.

ESSZ, Sweden

We use this:

Works well, especially all the controls, a nice piece. Looks durable, solid wood and all, but really isn’t though. If you know someone who has been doing RC for a while, he would fix the durability issues in half an hour.

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I would like to find a good source of airplane models that I can use to do briefings before a flight lesson. Do you know any good ones?
Preferably wooden models but anything “durable” will work.

ESSZ, Sweden
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message