Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA definition „Instruction“

my view on flights “not towards specified rating per approved syllabus”:

LHS pilot can log this as PIC time – as long as FI/CRI is not touching the controls and he/she is happy how LHS is performing . FI/CRI is of course logging instructing hours – even he is sitting with hands folded and silent whole time. I believe this is covered by FCL 050 – (b) (1) (ii).
when FI/CRI is not 100% happy – LHS logs this as dual no matter this is not per approved syllabus

LKKU, LKTB

As you say („my view“), I think most of these are just interpretations. We don‘t know any much better because there is no specific guidance in the regs on this. And that‘s because Part-FCL obviously concerns itself with the training and experience requirements for obtaining and maintaining licenses/ratings and not with training which is NOT towards ANY of these licenses/ratings.

I stand by my initial statement: if nothing happens, nobody will ever take interest in what people write into their logbooks. And when something does happen, and a court case ensues, then all bets are off anyway,

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

As an instructor you can only log PIC and instruction, otherwise you can’t log anything at all. That is my view of it.

ESSZ, Sweden

Technically for the SEP rating you can do that hour with an instructor at any time during the validity of the rating. If you do it too early you will just get a new and earlier expiry day.

Part-FCL says that you shall do “at least” one hour with an instructor which must mean that you can do more than one and you can use up to 6 hours to use for that revalidation.

I think it is safe to say that a holder can log dual and an instructor can log PIC and FI any time during the validity.

ESSZ, Sweden
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message