Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Cirrus CSIP Training, does it bring you something ?

Thanks Pino for clearing it up ;)

always learning
LO__, Austria

1750 for a differences training.

At least over here a differences training to a Mooney isn’t cheaper… I was told around 5h for the training to be an average number; 357chf per hour plus around 100chf per hour for the instructor = 2285 chf / 1.08 = 2115 eur……..

LSZF Birrfeld, LFSB Basel-Mulhouse, Switzerland

@Snoopy
I’m really sorry. I just did the transition training to SR20. Then I’m not a Cirrus’s Instructor.
The point is that thinking about all the money wasted on that training I become Crazy!

Italy

172driver wrote:

Btw, you can do this here for around $ 350 / hour.

1750 for a differences training.

always learning
LO__, Austria

RobertL18C wrote:

Reminds me of the old saw that the first one thousand hours on type are the hardest :)

I would rather spend those with a crop duster, ags chemicals seems to cure all bad flying habits

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Just curious, how many people in your club have that to skip doing CSIP? most people I know to have that are SR22 owners already…

Correct! One – he co-owns an SR22.

Snoopy wrote:

Non instructors can’t even do a CSIP course, so this insurance requirement is ridiculous.

I should have been clearer: in lieu of the 100 hrs make and model, they also accept completion of a course given by a CSIP, minimum 5 hours (surprisingly lenient in view of the other requirements). Btw, you can do this here for around $ 350 / hour.

Reminds me of the old saw that the first one thousand hours on type are the hardest :)

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

frequent_flyer wrote:

Yes, there is maybe a misunderstanding about what is CSIP. It’s a course wich is open for instructors in order for owners to be sure that the FIs they are flying with have a kind of “certified competency” directly from Cirrus.

Yes but the CSIP FIs conducting SR22 checkouts will not just do 1h of general handling and give the keys, they will go and do 6h/12h lengthy course to teach (or checkout) PPL on how to fly a Cirrus VFR/IFR, what do we call this course?

By the time you are talking about 10h at 700$/h, “type rating” would be a more appropriate name ?

For someone pilot/instructor who does not own Cirrus, I think Harvard T6 course may offer better value for money IMO (or PA46 for those after TR/TRI tickets )

Yes, there is maybe a misunderstanding about what is CSIP. It’s a course wich is open for instructors in order for owners to be sure that the FIs they are flying with have a kind of “certified competency” directly from Cirrus.
It can be done only in the US or (maybe but not sure) in Poznan.

172driver wrote:

They certainly do not treat it as just another bog standard single but want 400 TT, IR, 100 hours make and model

Just curious, how many people in your club have that to skip doing CSIP? most people I know to have that are SR22 owners already…

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 Sep 09:29
27 Posts
Sign in to add your message