Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Question for EASA FIs - logging time when student is solo

How do you log the time when your student is out on a solo flight?

ESME, ESMS

You log nothing

(How do you log flight when you send a student solo on a single seater? )

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Aug 18:58
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Hmm ok that’s what I thought. Anyone doing it differently?

Last Edited by Dimme at 29 Aug 19:51
ESME, ESMS

What Ibra said.

You would separately record solo sign-offs on a form when restricted and also to ensure you collect any instructor fees, but nothing goes in the logbook. You are not in command of the aircraft – you have authorised the student to perform that role.

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

The only thing I can think of: maybe something different for ATPL integrated students (can’t log PIC or take pax even after finishing their PPL syllabus), they still log PICUS even when building hours solo but not sure what goes into their “supervising ATPL+FI” logbooks?

Last Edited by Ibra at 29 Aug 20:01

Seems logical to not log flight time if you’re not even in the plane…

Life is not a dress rehearsal, it is ...
EBGB KGAI, Belgium

ATPL integrated students (can’t log PIC or take pax even after finishing their PPL syllabus),

That’s new to me. Do you mean MPL maybe?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Some ATPL integrated students never get PPL or CPL but they still need 50h or 75h PIC before getting an MEIR?

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Aug 14:02

Do integrated students get MEIR? I think the MPL ones simply get a type rating in the end.

ESME, ESMS

MPL as stated only get a multi crew type rating in their airline’s type. It used to be restricted to the airline until you unfreeze, but there is now a bit more flexibility on the same type between airlines.

The ATO administers the airline‘s own approved course, each airline being different. For example one airline the MPL includes around fifty hours on a Citation.

There is some limited PIC in the early phase, around a dozen hours in an SEP. Also some limited MEP, around half a dozen hours before going to around 90-100 hours in a multi Jet SIM.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message