Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Question for EASA FIs - logging time when student is solo

Where I work (integrated frozen-ATPL program) the students fly all their solo in SEP then graduate with a CPL + MEIR. No SEP.

Someone can link the definition of flight time from part FCL. Your can’t log flight time if you aren’t in the aircraft.

Sweden

I did ground breif for someone to fly a single seater (D31 Turbulent), then he went flying while I watched his takoffs/landings, he then asked if he will log his flight as PUT with me as PIC

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Aug 22:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Cttime wrote:

Where I work (integrated frozen-ATPL program) the students fly all their solo in SEP then graduate with a CPL + MEIR. No SEP.

Someone can link the definition of flight time from part FCL. Your can’t log flight time if you aren’t in the aircraft.

Same as where i work, students basically will have 3 check rides, MEP VFR + CPL (combined in one flight) and then MEIR.

We don’t log any kind of time when our students are released for any kind of solo flight.

LKKV

Dimme wrote:

Do integrated students get MEIR? I think the MPL ones simply get a type rating in the end.
The MPL will have an underlying CPL+MEIR
ESMK, Sweden

Arne wrote:

The MPL will have an underlying CPL+MEIR

They will certainly have trained IFR on MEPs, but they don’t have any CPL privileges — not even PPL privileges.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I put solo supervision in my logbook just to keep track. But of course no flight time is logged.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Along the same lines, but actually a quite different situation:
I understand that military flight instructors log instructor time when leading unqualified solo students in formation. The situation is usually this: the instructor is solo in the lead aircraft, the student is solo in the wing-man position, gaining experience before having passed a formal formation flying test. The instructor is supervising and teaching the student over the radio and by using hand signals.
I’d welcome comments!

Last Edited by Mastering_Aviation at 13 Feb 13:56

Military can also log P1, P2, PLeft, Pright, Pfront, Pback, all it matters is doing the sortie and which seat you are using on the day !

They can also instruct others without holding instructor FI rating, just teach what you know to the next guy on the line I recall only C130 pilots had ICAO/EASA ATPL, the rest of instructors did not even have an JAR or FCL PPL

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Feb 17:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Maybe they had completed a Qualified Flying Instructor Course at the Central Flying School?

19 Posts
Sign in to add your message