Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Question for EASA FIs - logging time when student is solo

Maybe they had completed a Qualified Flying Instructor Course at the Central Flying School?

Military can also log P1, P2, PLeft, Pright, Pfront, Pback, all it matters is doing the sortie and which seat you are using on the day !

They can also instruct others without holding instructor FI rating, just teach what you know to the next guy on the line I recall only C130 pilots had ICAO/EASA ATPL, the rest of instructors did not even have an JAR or FCL PPL

Last Edited by Ibra at 13 Feb 17:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Along the same lines, but actually a quite different situation:
I understand that military flight instructors log instructor time when leading unqualified solo students in formation. The situation is usually this: the instructor is solo in the lead aircraft, the student is solo in the wing-man position, gaining experience before having passed a formal formation flying test. The instructor is supervising and teaching the student over the radio and by using hand signals.
I’d welcome comments!

Last Edited by Mastering_Aviation at 13 Feb 13:56

I put solo supervision in my logbook just to keep track. But of course no flight time is logged.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

Arne wrote:

The MPL will have an underlying CPL+MEIR

They will certainly have trained IFR on MEPs, but they don’t have any CPL privileges — not even PPL privileges.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Dimme wrote:

Do integrated students get MEIR? I think the MPL ones simply get a type rating in the end.
The MPL will have an underlying CPL+MEIR
ESMK, Sweden

Cttime wrote:

Where I work (integrated frozen-ATPL program) the students fly all their solo in SEP then graduate with a CPL + MEIR. No SEP.

Someone can link the definition of flight time from part FCL. Your can’t log flight time if you aren’t in the aircraft.

Same as where i work, students basically will have 3 check rides, MEP VFR + CPL (combined in one flight) and then MEIR.

We don’t log any kind of time when our students are released for any kind of solo flight.

LKKV

I did ground breif for someone to fly a single seater (D31 Turbulent), then he went flying while I watched his takoffs/landings, he then asked if he will log his flight as PUT with me as PIC

Last Edited by Ibra at 31 Aug 22:53
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Where I work (integrated frozen-ATPL program) the students fly all their solo in SEP then graduate with a CPL + MEIR. No SEP.

Someone can link the definition of flight time from part FCL. Your can’t log flight time if you aren’t in the aircraft.

Sweden

MPL as stated only get a multi crew type rating in their airline’s type. It used to be restricted to the airline until you unfreeze, but there is now a bit more flexibility on the same type between airlines.

The ATO administers the airline‘s own approved course, each airline being different. For example one airline the MPL includes around fifty hours on a Citation.

There is some limited PIC in the early phase, around a dozen hours in an SEP. Also some limited MEP, around half a dozen hours before going to around 90-100 hours in a multi Jet SIM.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
19 Posts
Sign in to add your message