Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for a CV19-safe instructor for 1hr PPL revalidation flight (EGKA)

My GF and I have been pretty well isolating since about March (not been in a confined space with anybody). I have until 20th Nov to do it.

It is not necessary for me to fly because my FAA CPL/IR is valid until May 2021 and I am SRG2140/42 compliant but I like to cover myself in at least two ways.

A CRI can do this, and a CRI would be preferably because an FI and especially an FE is likely to be flying with many different people. I would also want someone who doesn’t have kids living at home; that’s a big risk too.

I also have an NPPL to sign off…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

You might want to try Mark Samson who lives close to EGKA and who I have flown with two times (for the FAA flight review): http://www.faapilot.co.uk/

He is an EASA CRI and also an FAA CFII which has the added advantage that you can do the FAA flight review at the same time and get that out of the way.

I don’t know about his personal situation but I can PM you his mobile phone number. (EDIT: Actually, it is listed on his website)

Last Edited by wbardorf at 03 Nov 10:28
EGTF, EGLK, United Kingdom

I would gladly do it, I am COVID-19 safe , the problem is I will be quarantined on the way back to the UK probably way above your SEP expiry date !

I know someone who can do SEP revalidation in tandem open cockpit tailwheels and tick few boxes but I assume you want in your own aircraft?

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Yes, my own TB20.

I may have someone, and will know for sure before 10th Nov. If he can’t do it by then then I will need to start looking again and I will have 12 (11?) more days left.

Thank you all

Administrator

Peter wrote:

not been in a confined space with anybody

I would say the earth with it’s atmosphere is the quintessential definition of a confined space

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

happy to fly with you but LKTB is a little bit too far for you….

LKKU, LKTB

I’d do it for you, I’m seeing and flying with only 2 people at the moment …. but do have a five year old kid at home, so understand if that’s a concern.

EGKL, United Kingdom

I have got this sorted now – many thanks all.

Administrator
8 Posts
Sign in to add your message