Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Need for Complex Endorsement N-reg

New here. So hi everyone.

Im flying a P210N. N-regged.
Have a FAA PPL-A/IR based on my European JAR-FCL ATPL.
Have flown about 75 hrs on the P210 in flight school. European registration.

To be 100% legal, do I actually need a complex endorsement to fly the P210?
Never flown any Complex N-reg before.

Just have the feeling that since the “Based-on” license sort of transfer the complex experience from the JAR license. I might be wrong…

I guess the high altitude endorsement is only for aircraft approved for higher then FL250!?

If I do need to be signed off to be legal, what kind of instructor can do this?

BR
Espen

spirit49
LOIH

Hi and welcome,

AFAIR, if you have flown complex aircraft before a certain date (1979?, don’ remember), then you don’t need to get the endorsement. Otherwise yes. Any CFI can do it.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Thanks for the quick answer.

Well. 1979! Just off the diapers by then.

So I guess I would need a sign off then.
Shouldn’t be a problem as one of my friends (that also fly the P210) is a FAA CFI.

Better be 100% legal, even though it feels a bit overkill since I fly the BBJ on a daily basis.

spirit49
LOIH

You need both the complex endorsement and a high performance endorsement to fly a P210. Complex endorsement is required to act as PIC in an aircraft with retractable gear, constant speed prop and flaps. Hi performance endorsement is required for acting as PIC in an aircraft with more than 200 HP. These are one time endorsements. You also need a current flight review within the past 24 calendar months.

KUZA, United States

You need both the complex endorsement and a high performance endorsement to fly a P210.

High altitude endorsement only for aircraft with a max operating altitude above FL250. P210N is max FL230.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

High altitude endorsement only for aircraft with a max operating altitude above FL250. P210N is max FL230.

We agree, that is why I did not list it, but High Performance is not High Altitude.

Any CFI can do it.

Must be an Authorized FAA CFI with he appropriate CFI ratings to provide the ground and flight training required for the endorsement Both ground and flight training need to be logged and the FAA CFI must make the endorsement. References 61.31(e) and (f) and 61.193.

KUZA, United States

I will digg into this immediately

Thank God I have some experience from aircraft over 5.700kg. It must be seriously difficult to fly such an aircraft.

By the sound of it, I think I better sign up for some sort of week long type rating on the P210. I guess my earlier 75hours in the P210N doing winter hard IFR doesn’t count for much……

So where does the CFI write such an Endorsement when all I have is a electronic logbook???

spirit49
LOIH

Just have a paper logbook for signoffs etc. Remember you need a BFR to use your 61.75.

EGTK Oxford
I will digg into this immediately

Thank God I have some experience from aircraft over 5.700kg. It must be seriously difficult to fly such an aircraft.

By the sound of it, I think I better sign up for some sort of week long type rating on the P210. I guess my earlier 75hours in the P210N doing winter hard IFR doesn’t count for much……

So where does the CFI write such an Endorsement when all I have is a electronic logbook???

You must think your are the very first pilot to be caught by specific regulations. We are so glad that your experience overcomes our regulations. You are making much more of this than is warranted. Quite crying and get the required training and endorsement or just don’t fly an N registered aircraft.

KUZA, United States

The Bi-annual I have fixed.

Im not crying.
Im just a bit sick of all the extra/double/triple paperwork

But going off the N-reg. NO-WAY. Thats the reason I bought this plane in the first place.

Im just gonna eat it, and get it over with.
Or getting the ATP might solve all of this “extra” work.

spirit49
LOIH
50 Posts
Sign in to add your message