Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Good news for instructors - class rating revalidations

Instructors might in future be able conclude SEP and TMG revalidations. No more FE required.

See here.

Quote:

The following point FCL.945 is added:
‘FCL.945 Obligations for instructors
Upon completion of the training flight for the revalidation of an SEP or TMG class rating in accordance with FCL.740.A (b)(1) and only in the event of fulfilment of all the other revalidation criteria required by FCL.740.A (b)(1) the instructor shall endorse the applicant’s licence with the new expiry date of the rating or certificate, if specifically authorised for that purpose by the competent authority responsible for the applicant’s licence.

Background: Germany used to allow this by way of their own implementation of JAR-FCL. When Part.FCL became effective, instructors lost that privilege again, since the latter did not give any leeway. Seems like Germany has in the meantimde done some work on this in the background.

I am quite certain the Germany will soon issue the mentioned authorization. The question will be if that authorization will be a blanket thing “once for all” or if it will be a one-by-one thing.

I also guess that many states who never allowed revalidations by instructors will not “jump on that train” and everything will remain as it is. But one never knows.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 23 Mar 19:08
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Very good news, thanks for the Information!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Depends on the CAA’s point of view, I guess. It could mean less trivial paperwork for the CAA – and it could mean bigger risk of messing up the pilot’s documents because many more instructors suddenly will be making entries directly in the certificate.

But then I am slightly distracted when after turning a few pages in the same Official Journey of the European Union that bosco refers to, I read this:
COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2015/447 of 17 March 2015 on the division between deliveries and direct sales of national milk quotas fixed for 2014/2015 in Annex IX to Council Regulation (EC) No 1234/2007

It is further revealed that the Danish quota for the current year is 4 847 759,582 tonnes of milk which, I suppose, should make me proud as it is somewhat above the average per capita figure for EU. But I am rather a little troubled to read this in a lex-EU document concerned with – primarily, I thought – pilot licensing.
There is also an entry on “the substance barium selenate”, and another on “certain products of animal origin from Japan”.

The EU’s way of publishing amendments was absurdly user-unfriendly from the beginning, because you have to read the initial rule and every amendment separately to see what the rule is actually now, since there is never an updated, complete document. But now, in addition, you have to file information about detailed milk quotas and cows from Japan in your Air Law collection to keep it complete. I wonder if someone is trying to speed up the process leading to the final bureaucratic collapse of the system.

Last Edited by huv at 23 Mar 19:34
huv
EKRK, Denmark

But I am rather a little troubled to read this in a lex-EU document concerned with – primarily, I thought – pilot licensing.

What made you think that ? The Official journal is a legal publication by date, not by topic.

because you have to read the initial rule and every amendment separately to see what the rule is actually now, since there is never an updated, complete document

Actually the do make consolidated versions (i.e. of 1178/2011 for PART-FCL) although it’ not consolidated the next day of the latest amendment… the last consolidated version is from 03.04.2014 while there was a very recent publication modifying some date from 2016 to 2018 as pointed out by Peter in another post.

ELLX (Luxembourg), Luxembourg

I think UK CAA will stick with the FE.

United Kingdom
Actually the do make consolidated versions … the last consolidated version is from 03.04.2014

Indeed. Thanks, that does help.

huv
EKRK, Denmark

I think UK CAA will stick with the FE.

As I read it, the UK CAA did not stick with the FE, but will now grant that right to any and each instructor. From Information Notice IN-2015/027 of 07 APR:

Flight Instructor (Aeroplane) (FI) and Class Rating Instructors (CRI) that are valid for Single Engine Piston (SEP) and/or Touring Motor Glider (TMG) are now authorised to extend the validity of a pilot’s SEP and TMG class ratings where the licence holder has met the requirements for revalidation by experience. Instructors need to be specifically authorised by the CAA to be able to do this. 2

From now on whenever we reissue a licence with a FI or CRI we will automatically add the FCL.945 privilege. If an instructor wishes to add the privilege before this then they can apply using form 1133 for a fee of £53

Last Edited by huv at 12 Apr 19:51
huv
EKRK, Denmark

I just applied for the authorisation from Danish “CAA”. We’ll see …

huv
EKRK, Denmark

does anyone have more infos about this?
when i looked at CAA hp i did see this info but when you clicked it nothing opened
Now this link is gone??!!!

fly2000

yep., looks like they pulled it… one more time.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany
29 Posts
Sign in to add your message