Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

CPL and ME CBIR School

Hello All

I’m in the final phase of my ATPL exams on a distance Learning course in the UK and looking for Flying School recommendations, I live in the Midlands.

My plan is……. to turn my IR(r) in to a ME CBIR after a ME course and with my 15 hours IR(r) instruction and 15 hours of logged IMC taken into account. I fully accept I may need more training than the 15hrs minimum for the 45 hrs course so a Sim would be a plus. It might be cheaper to turn a SE CBIR into a ME CBIR but I would like the twin time and experience.

Then move to the 15 hr CPL which I could do in my groups PA28 Arrow 3 if possible.

Slight Issue is I have two young kids and a Job so can’t up sticks and go to a flying school for 3 months away from home. I need an intensive course with ideally with a dedicated instructor for me. A week away at a time should be ok and I understand weather will undoubtably play a part.

I don’t mind doing my training anywhere in Europe so does anyone have any recoommendations?

Thus far I’ve looked at Aero’s, Booker Aviation, JD Aviation and Fly in Spain.

Does anyone have any other thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Dan

Last Edited by Danskora at 18 Mar 18:36

Where are you in the midlands?

Central flight training at tatenhill are excellent

Nottingham – I have visited them and they are also a real possibility.

I support notts county!

PM sent

Last Edited by Bathman at 18 Mar 21:32

Aeros at Gloucester & Coventry are excellent and know the CB IR course well, I also know a number of people who have been through Booker and have been quite happy.

Last Edited by Balliol at 18 Mar 22:21
Now retired from forums best wishes
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message