Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Brace for impact - DTO is published!

It is true that the training programme need to be approved but that is to make sure it follows Part-FCL, which is not weird. You can still declare your flight school and start as soon as you get a reply from the CAA.

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

It is true that the training programme need to be approved but that is to make sure it follows Part-FCL, which is not weird. You can still declare your flight school and start as soon as you get a reply from the CAA.

But you have to agree that the first proposal was better — where you could start as soon as you had submitted your declaration and just had to stop if the CAA didn’t like your training programme?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

and start as soon as you get a reply from the CAA.

…also… good luck with that if you are under the jurisdiction of the German LBA…

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Airborne_Again wrote:

But you have to agree that the first proposal was better — where you could start as soon as you had submitted your declaration and just had to stop if the CAA didn’t like your training programme?

But I do not really see where it says that you can not start right away? Everything(that I see) about approval before training refers to DTO.GEN.230 (c) which is only applicable to gliding schools that wish to have examiner training.

ESSZ, Sweden

boscomantico wrote:

…also… good luck with that if you are under the jurisdiction of the German LBA…

Well, I can’t argue with that. Unless you start a German branch of a Swedish DTO. ;)

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

But I do not really see where it says that you can not start right away? Everything(that I see) about approval before training refers to DTO.GEN.230 (c) which is only applicable to gliding schools that wish to have examiner training.

(post deleted — I didn’t read carefully enough.)

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 31 Aug 09:04

You still can, at least according to the Swedish CAA which is good. I have not found anything contradictory now, only of you train for gliding examiners as I stated.

ESSZ, Sweden

Fly310 wrote:

You still can, at least according to the Swedish CAA which is good. I have not found anything contradictory now, only of you train for gliding examiners as I stated.

Yes, I agree!

It seems the entire discussion in this thread has been based on a misreading of the regulation…

Part-DTO is now published and in force!
It came into force 6 days ago and has largely passed unnoticed
Further details on the EASA website

…and if anyone needs a training program, there are templates on www.bazl.admin.ch/flight-school ;-)

That was quite an odyssey until it was published. I heard that initially the wrong draft was voted on by the commission, so they had to repeat the procedure with the right one. Oh well, but finally a solution for the smaller flight schools.

Sign in to add your message