Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IPAD Air kneeboard

Hi,

I have just bought an IPAD air and want to use it during my flights. I was wondering if anyone can share his experience in finding and using the right kneeboard.

I prefer also to write some quick notes on it with regular pen and paper. So a combination of both would be great like the following one but it’s not for the Air;
http://www.marvgolden.com/ipro-aviator-ipad-kneeboard-for-ipad.html

Hope to hear from you.

Last Edited by QNH at 29 Jun 14:58
QNH
EHHV

The iPad mini is the perfect size for mounting on the yoke….

I use a Ram mount from the underside of the yoke….

[link fixed up – see Posting Tips]

Last Edited by Peter at 29 Jun 15:26
Last Edited by AnthonyQ at 29 Jun 15:07
YPJT, United Arab Emirates

I purchased a couple of kneeboard holders, and got my money back on one I think. They’re just too big really to be on your knee, and unbalanced the A3 PLOG I sometimes also rest on my legs. I got a RAM yoke mount and have it in portrait mode like Anthony above. It can block some gauges so I just lean over to look around it.

Yoke mount is the way to go but the iPad mini is much better suited to the cockpit of the average light aircraft.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

One of the issues you’ll run into with a knee-mounted iPad is the GPS reception. I have a BadElf (who comes up with these names?) external GPS that I mount on the dash with an extension cord. Works a treat, BUT, means iPad on knees plus cabling is a bit of a mess. FWIW, I rest the iPad (normal size, not ‘mini’) on top of the existing kneeboard, works fine.

Thanks for the replies. Based on those I have updated my order. Will go for the mini instead, guess it is a bettter fit in the cockpit.

QNH
EHHV
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message