Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

IR profcheck

Sounds good.

So you do 3 ifr approches in the SP SE piston before your MPA prof check and after the latter your SP SEP IR is valid for another year again?

Thanks!

Checkin' in smooth

I think you have to do three IFR departures SE SPA as well, both ratings need to be valid (not expired) and someone with the privileges to examine IR SPA SE had to sign the form and your licence.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

Thank you.

Just to clarify: The examiner for the MPA prof check also has to be SPA SE IR privileged? (In reference to signing form and license.)

Checkin' in smooth

Forgot second question mark. “?”

Checkin' in smooth

Just to clarify: The examiner for the MPA prof check also has to be SPA SE IR privileged? (In reference to signing form and license.)

No, the ratings and the examiners signing are different.

I did my A340 rating on 4 April 2015 and it was signed off by a company TRE. My IR SPA SE was valid until 31 May 2015 so I then found an IR SPA SE examiner, showed him my A340 rating, showed him my logbook with three IFR Departures and three IFR Arrivals in SPA SE in the twelve months before 31 May 2015, showed him that my A340 and IR SPA SE ratings were still valid, and he signed my licence.

Someone signing a licence must have the privileges to examine for that rating. So now commercial TREs can no longer sign, for example, SEP (Land) Revalidations. In this case, you need to find someone who can fly and examine you for IR SPA SE and he can sign without flying, as long as both ratings are current and you’ve flown the required IFR in the twelve months preceding expiry of IR SPA SE.

CAA Standards Document 14 Part 9 is the reference.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message