Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is that really necessary (re long SR22 thread)?

But it was closed after THIS posting of mine:

The SR22 thread was locked after this post

Everybody can see that.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Yes,… and you really took that so serious?

You do know what ;-) means, right?

Flyer59 wrote:

But do you have to read threads that don’t interest you?

Well, sometimes the topic is interesting, but some parts of a discussion come directly out of a kindergarten.

Flyer59 wrote:

Yes,… and you really took that so serious?

Peter said so the very post before. I think his action was consequent and you asked for the thread being closed.

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

This forum is very serious business, I am just learning that.
But I will try to adjust as good as i can and be more careful not to bore anybody in the future.

Peter said so the very post before. I think his action was consequent and you asked for the thread being closed.

Peter should just relax and take it a bit more easy, especially when i make such a silly harmless little joke, marked with the internationally accepted ;-) symbol. I thought he already knows me better.

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 20 Oct 19:05

how cynical:

History repeats, just the aircraft type has changed ;-)

Alexis, you’re a nice person and generally have constructive posts. In the SR22 thread you got trapped in an endless yes/no discussion.
I fully understand that Peter closed the thread. Think he let it run for a long time hoping it would return to something informative. It didn’t…

Looks like i discussed it all by myself too ;-)

As is said before, and nobody really has to agree: I wish the world (especially the part of the world that knows me in person) was a bit more tolerant. We just fooled around a bit, that’s all. Big boys in the sandbox. So what?

How many posts have i read in the last 3 years about the KFC225 autopilot? I sometimes had the feelimg they were all the same. But, really, it doesn’t bother me at all.

As an active reader of Peter’s own website and of EuroGA since its inception, I can only echo everyone else’s positive comments.

Peter’s efforts to create such an informative and educational forum are second to none.

Many thanks Peter, and for maintaining such an objective point of view in light if this unwarranted and uneccessary critical point of view.

I hope that when I revalidate my SEP shortly after many years break I will be able to add a positive contribution.

Keep up the great work!

Last Edited by NickP at 20 Oct 19:51
Stapleford, United Kingdom

NickP wrote:

Many thanks Peter, .

+1

and for maintaining such an objective point of view in light if this unwarranted and uneccessary critical,point of view.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Flyer59 wrote:

Peter should just relax and take it a bit more easy

Alexis, I tend to be with you. I stopped reading the thread when I saw that it had more pages than other lengthy threads have posts. But I’d probably rather say, let them boys play for a bit… You’re right – at least from the last posts that I now read, there’s nothing personal, nothing insulting, nothing that would have to be removed and I would have just ignored the thread or looked at it again if I found the time. All easy. But then Peter announced he’d close the thread if a certain condition was met and once that was met, he did what he had announced. That seems fair to me. And Peter’s reasons why certain things will be ended seem to be appreciated by the majority of forumites, as you can see now from the reactions right here.

Now, as for who should just relax, that statement might very well backfire – no need to make a huge fuss about this one closed thread where presumably all relevant info had been exchanged. If someone who is in charge of (and spends a whole lot of his time on) keeping this place tidy says “playtime is over”, I should like to think all ladies and gentlemen would be well advised to just relax a bit and take that a bit more easy, then, too.

Last Edited by Patrick at 20 Oct 20:23
Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

no need to make a huge fuss about this one closed thread

No, sorry, I am not trying to make a big fuss. It’s just … it’s the topic I know most about and now it’s closed! Haha … But maybe Peter will show some mercy after all, remove everything he doesn’t like and let us play again!

Sign in to add your message