Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Is there any way of finding out the active RTBA/AZBA routes in France more than a day in advance?

I’m trying to plan a flight to France for a few weeks’ time and certain of the enroute RTBA/AZBA routes would cause a big diversion if they are active on the day of the flight and the cloud base is below 4,000 feet that day.

Is there any way of finding out the active RTBA/AZBA routes in France more than a day in advance?

Howard

Flying a TB20 out of EGTR
Elstree (EGTR), United Kingdom

I’m only aware of the SIA site SIA; generally they’re not active on Wednesday and Friday afternoons or weekends to not inconvenience GA. I’ll have a look at home for more info.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

@Capitaine thank you.

H

@Howard the SIA Pochette VFR will have more info, and can be ordered from France but I think Pooleys and similar also stock them. The back cover of the RTBA map has general activation hours per area per day (but check notams etc), and the Complément aux Cartes aéronautiques lists all the R zones with details and for most of them phone numbers. Unfortunately I left my 2018 copy in France, but have the 2016 one here. Let me know if you want anything in particular looked up or if you want to call anyone.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

@Howard the SIA Pochette VFR will have more inf

No. It does not contain any information that is not in the AIP. This thing is just a rip-off and nobody should bother to buy it. But French pilots are being indoctrinated into thinking that it is compulsory to have on-board.

LFPT, LFPN

@Aviathor I think the point is that the Pochette is a resource on paper, whereas the AIP is largely accessible online for most of us, so the Pochette has some utility, I guess. I haven’t bought one for a few years…Think I’ll buy one for this year and remind myself how useful or otherwise it is, now that I know more about international flying.

The electronic RTBA map is here if you want to avoid getting the pochette.

Last Edited by xavierde at 26 Jun 22:18
KHPN, LFBE, EGKB, United States
7 Posts
Sign in to add your message