Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

JAR-FCL to EASA Converstion for PPL

Has anyone done this yet?

Is it simply a case of filling out SRG1104 and sending the CAA a cheque for £73, with copies of the ratings page of you have a JAR-PPL...

EDHS, Germany

Yes, but while you're at it you may as well get an Examiner to certify your level 6 English language proficiency.....another form required

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Yes, been looking into this, for all of this morning, and trying to fight through the scare stories on other forums... but it seems that if you buy an examiner a beer (metaphorically speaking - no blackmail inferred) then he can sign the form after a brief chat.

I think my best bet is use the "hour with instructor" to renew IMCr with an examiner in late summer... and then fill out SRG1199 at the same time as SRG1104... and if my aunty had balls.....

EDHS, Germany

I got an examiner to sign off my SEP renewal by experience and then took the opportunity to change to the EASA licence and L6 language proficiency all at the same time... Your IMCr will appear as IR(R).....The new licence is half the size of the CAA/JAA licence and they will give you a new wallet (which is half the size and useless for inserting anything else)

YPJT, United Arab Emirates
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message