Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Jeppesen terminal chart pricing

New Jeppesen terminal charts single-installation pricing for “Europe”

here

As previously, this is essentially Europe west of the Iron Curtain

Their previous products were licensed for four installations. However, the new price, at €535, is slightly more than 1/4 of the subscription for all of political Europe which is about €2000.

For another €315 you can add the rest of Europe and some other bits like Russia – here

This appears to be the Flitedeck-only product i.e. Ipad based. This isn’t Jeppview 4, so you can’t print off a whole airport’s plates to a PDF or to paper. All you can do is screenshots to images.

Last Edited by Peter at 06 Aug 02:11
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hello,

At last :-)

But they still do not offer “single-installation” pour MFD Charts… The pricing remains for 4 ipad/pc install + 1 MFD…

Notwithstanding their pricing so far, this is still ridiculously expensive. 500+ Euros a year just for a few data updates. And only for Western Europe.

And one device only. Most people flying without paper would want two units with the data on them for redundancy.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

This appears to be the Flitedeck-only product i.e. Ipad based. This isn’t Jeppview 4, so you can’t print off a whole airport’s plates to a PDF or to paper. All you can do is screenshots to images.

I was able to print the demo approach plates from my ipad running FD Pro…

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Jepp TC has a simple “print” button in its basic interface. Is this not the case with other Jeppesen products?

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Most people flying without paper would want two units with the data on them for redundancy.

Or at least be able to print an entire airport to a PDF, which can then be accessed with Goodreader or whatever…

I was able to print the demo approach plates from my ipad running FD Pro…

Jepp TC has a simple “print” button in its basic interface.

OK – I now recall you can print, but only the one page that’s showing. So for a big airport you would have to print say 50 times, and then perhaps use some program to collect the PDFs into a single PDF (I doubt such an app even exists for IOS, though the full Acrobat can do that).

My earlier point was that if you get together four people, buy Jeppview 4, and share the four installs, you get all of political Europe for less money. You don’t get Russia but who in light GA actually wants Russia? Those who go there professionally will have worldwide Jeppview or whatever anyway.

The MFD pricing is going to remain an issue because Jepp prob99 pay Garmin to display the Jepp data on the products, and if the price was dropped, Garmin would kick up a huge fuss. Rumour going around in the USA is that their relationship is not exactly rosy, for whatever reason. Also MFD pricing is the one area where data cannot be shared so cost cannot be reduced, via any method whatsoever, apart from syndicating the whole aircraft, so there is no incentive to reduce the price.

Last Edited by Peter at 06 Aug 08:57
Administrator

Jeppesen Western Europe approach charts prices lowered?

I have been told recently that a Jeppesen subscription was around €2000 per year and could be shared by up to four users. According to their website link they list a Western Europe subscription for a mobile device for €535.50. Is this a new pricing structure, or am I missing something?

Last Edited by JJBeall at 29 Sep 19:17
Great Oakley, U.K. & KTKI, USA

This may be of relevance.

Also “Jeppesen Europe” is not “Europe” so you need to look at the coverage carefully. The 2k price is for all of what we call Europe (political Europe).

Administrator

Yep, that’s what they seem to offer now. The point is: most people would want to have a backup and thus need two “users”.

Also, the coverage is, well, western Europe only. No Poland, no Baltics, no Czech, no Hungary, no Slovakia.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

@JJBeall – if you don’t mind, I’d prefer to leave it up. It does illustrate the perpetual confusion which their pricing “structure” keeps creating.

Administrator
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message