Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lancair 320

Nice photo, Silvaire! Is it a 320? A 360? We decided the 360 is just too much of a good thing!

LFPT? LFTP? Duh, well, that was after the wine!

Bordeaux

That one has a modified IO-550 as I remember Clocked at Reno at 380 mph Link

That’s a Legacy, right. I’ve flown it once in Bend, under supervision, very cool machine.

When are you planning on getting it to its new home Jojo?

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Well, yipee, the Lancair finally arrived a week ago! My co-owner and I had a brief conversion training each with the former owner and now we are on our own.

The past few days have been a mix of frustration and excitement. We’ve had some minor teething problems – loss of MP display, a small leak in the brake system discovered while taxiing, a few electrical head-scratchers – but nothing we (cough) haven’t been able to solve so far. That’s the joy (positive thinking!) of owning a non-certified aircraft – we can get down and dirty ourselves. Well, I can hold the screws, anyway…but I’m learning fast

Landings (over the threhold at 90 kt) were a little eye-watering at first, but happy to report we now feel much more comfortable. With safety in mind, we’re initially limiting ourselves to benign wind conditions. Stalls are impressive…I got a rapid and very marked left wing drop in clean configuration… In the air the Lancair is easy to fly, very stable and generally a joy to handle

Bordeaux

Nice :) Glad it’s working out for you! Hopefully you’ve got all the little niggles out of the way now.

I note that Snoopy had the right coloured aircraft, and a scarf to match! How prophetic!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Nice, Jojo, very nice.. Glad you are enjoying this wonderful machine.

Yes, you’ll have some niggles with the plane. Aircraft are just not as reliable as cars. But you knew that already.

Have fun and be safe.

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

That’s the joy (positive thinking!) of owning a non-certified aircraft – we can get down and dirty ourselves.

Hah! I am glad to have one more tinkerer round here!
And of course, warm congratulations with the new bird.
Fly in joy and in safety!

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Looks great!

Last Edited by Stickandrudderman at 27 Oct 21:22
Forever learning
EGTB

@Jojo resurrecting this thread. Curious if you still own your Lance and can share your experience.

always learning
LO__, Austria
Sign in to add your message