Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lancair 320

Interested to know what’s the limiting factor/s about your home base

@JoJo – it’s so short and bumpy it requires a highwing.

Originally yours was a PH- reg experimental, now it’s on french register. What’s the maintenance regime? What about modifications? Easy/liberal?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter wrote:

I have an idea for a new thread called “your 10 years of aircraft ownership; the good the bad and the ugly”

I still think that a good idea as it is different from a simple upgrade thread.

Jojo wrote:

I still have my Lancair, and I still love flying her just as much. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to own and fly a Lancair – have many happy memories stored away, so no regrets at all

Lovely! Looks like a great airplane and well kept too. Enjoy!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

@GA_Pete: Interested to know what’s the limiting factor/s about your home base?

Bordeaux

@Ibra – out of respect for the original builder, I wanted to keep the “DTR” part of the registration, formed by the initials of the first names of his daughter, wife and himself, if I remember correctly. And F-P is a given, so that’s the story behind the registration.

Bordeaux

@Snoopy – yes, well spotted! The regs changed and I had no choice but to move her to the French registry. A hassle at the time, but a very good move overall. All in all, we’re probably fewer than ten Lancairs in France now.

@Peter – yes indeed! There has been good, there has been bad and there has been ugly. As with most things in life, I guess!

Bordeaux

I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to own and fly a Lancair – have many happy memories stored away, so no regrets at all

Looks lovely, funny choice of reg, X-PTDR would have been better

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

I think this relates to moving a Lanc 320 to EU-reg, or more specifically F-reg because these are Annex 1 so it is country-dependent.

Gosh, soon it will be 10 years. I have an idea for a new thread called “your 10 years of aircraft ownership; the good the bad and the ugly” Turns out we sort of started one here.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have one eye on the Lancair. Very cool.
Unfortunately not suitable for my home base now but one day I might need to scratch the itch and I may be nearer to somewhere suitable then.

United Kingdom

Very cool, thanks for the update.
I see you moved her to France?

always learning
LO__, Austria

Hi @Snoopy, yes, I still have my Lancair, and I still love flying her just as much. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to own and fly a Lancair – have many happy memories stored away, so no regrets at all

Bordeaux
100 Posts
Sign in to add your message