Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Latest on 8.33 requirements (merged)

Does anyone know of a EU frequency database that I could get my hands on?

Fly more.
LSGY, Switzerland

Peter wrote:

Does France have a frequency tax like the (really dumb) one in the UK?

@Peter, I think it costs some, but, for comparison, what is the annual charge for a single 8.33 frequency that is being chraged?

EGTR

Does France have a frequency tax like the (really dumb) one in the UK?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

@Peter around where I am based I do see several 8.33 frequencies, that are unreachable on a 25 kHz radio.

However the majority are still 25ers. And I’m happy for having understood that in the thread here 👍

For example my Homebase still has the old frequency and I am typically now starting on my second com so that I can prepare all airborne frequencies on my first com.

Last Edited by UdoR at 05 Nov 07:04
Germany

That’s one of these changes that would have been good to do on a flag day coinciding when the new paper maps come out… One of the nice things about the Cartabossy is that it has all these frequencies right on the map, a great resource for “I want/need to land at that airfield right there”. That kinda destroys it.

Last Edited by lionel at 05 Nov 01:49
ELLX

I don’t have a list of changes but in a quick look I found Redon LFER, Abbeville LFOI, Etrepagny LFFY, Nangis LFAI.
Of course, plenty are still with 123,5.
I confirm a major change in ongoing in A/A frequencies, for the better. I didn’t expect such a good move.
But I expect plenty of pilot mistakes in the next months too.

LFOU, France

Time will tell. I can‘t see many 123.5 airfields move to discrete frequencies.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

He probably means that if each field gets its own frequency / channel, instead of all of them using 123.5, the CTAF confusion as to who is reporting their position at which field is removed.

tmo
EPKP - Kraków, Poland

This is a safety bonus from the 8,33 mandate. 123,5 is useless on any sunny weekend.

Can you explain?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

French uncontrolled fields are getting dedicated 8,33 channels very quickly. Not always the old frequency + 0,005 but sometimes completely new ones.
Check the latest VAC chart and Notams to be sure.

This is a safety bonus from the 8,33 mandate. 123,5 is useless on any sunny weekend.

LFOU, France
871 Posts
Sign in to add your message