Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Le Mans, Arnage Airport LFRM - any information?

10 Posts

I am just watching the Live coverage of the 24 h Race of Le Mans, what a great race! There’s an airport right next to the track, called Arnage. Has anybody ever flown there? For the race? Is it possible … (or no parking?)

I have been there, but not for that race, but an other was going on at this time. Also 24 h which gave us a nice night view on the race course, because I came in short after sunset. The airport and the city was nice. Not expensive and much space for parking. But I don’t know how it looks like when the real 24 hours are taking place.

EDDS , Germany

I went there once to visit the very good Le Mans Motor Museum. The female voice on the radio sounded extremely pleasant so I made a point of going up and saying hello. I wasn’t disappointed.

Forever learning
EGTB

Stickandrudderman wrote:

I went there once to visit the very good Le Mans Motor Museum. The female voice on the radio sounded extremely pleasant so I made a point of going up and saying hello. I wasn’t disappointed.

Do you think she was?

EGTK Oxford

Thanks guys, for the information. I might aswell check out that place outside the race season.

Every time I have flown past Le Mans my KFC225 servos burnt out The airport is quite popular for the race; however beware ramp inspections which have been frequently reported, due to fairly common illegal charters e.g. one Brit doing ~20 trips there, all with “friends”.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Alexis wrote:

Has anybody ever flown there? For the race? Is it possible … (or no parking?)

It’s very straightforward, flown in several times including this weekend. Just email them the week before with an approximate arrival time. Parking no problem but you will be on the grass as every inch of tarmac is jets.

Cost this weekend, for landing and two days parking, 207EUR (SR22). Free shuttle buses to the track.

I spoke to a Global 5000 pilot after we landed, he wanted to talk Cirrus, he said they flew in from Paris, 22 minutes flight time and “3000 maybe 4000 pounds” of fuel. Madness.

Last Edited by dnj at 18 Jun 08:38

Alexis, you might also want to check out one of the European Le Mans Series races, eg. the French round at Castellet in August, again super easy to fly in to.

http://europeanlemansseries.com/en/4-hours-of-le-castellet-2017/race/1/0

Many of the same LMP2 and GT entrants as Le Mans itself.

Been this weekend to see the race. No problems at all flying in and out. Jet-A1 1,85 EUR. Landing was ~400 for 5 POB and 2 nights parking 3,4 ton. If you have a propeller, parking is grass.

The event itself is a bit like a big music festival. People sleeping in tents, drinking day and night.

LPFR, Poland

Off topic posts moved here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message