Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Le Touquet LFAT May 2016

It is not looking too good for Saturday…

EGHS

For what it’s worth…

Not looking too bad!

LFPT, LFPN

Here’s the DWD prog chart for Saturday at noon. Lots of nice weather in France, but mabe not along the Channel coast.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 04 Feb 17:30
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

If weather permit, I will com with Aviathor.
See you tomorrow.

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

I am cancelling this, sadly.

On the current data it’s possible, IFR, or as a VFR low level run over the sea, but hardly ideal.

But there is a significant chance of not getting back into Shoreham later and the weather that’s coming is pretty awful.

EGHH: PROB40 TEMPO 0606/0615 7000 RA SHRA BKN009 (and the TAF itself ends at 0615 so this is for a longer period)

Also I doubt many others will be turning up, especially with the actual and forecast crosswinds.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Agreed. The flight would likely be a rough one. No point in having your teeth shaken out so that you can’t enjoy the lunch

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

When you get as old as some of us you don’t have any teeth anymore anyway – I had to get one fixed yesterday – 180 quid

Let’s keep this under review… it’s a great chance for a meet-up.

What about tomorrow?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Unfortunately I can’t make tomorrow but I’m sure there will be other opportunities to meet up. Hope the wx is better tomorrow for you all!

UK, United Kingdom

I will be there tomorrow with one of my client. I might see some of you…

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Peter wrote:

When you get as old as some of us you don’t have any teeth anymore anyway

I think I’m equally long in the tooth, Peter – hence the need to preserve them!

As for Sunday, I may fly but if I do it’s likely to be to Calais LFAC. I’d prefer to avoid the gusty crosswinds and haven’t been to Calais for a while. Google has brought up Bistrot de la Place in Marck. Good reviews on Tripadvisor. About 1km walk from the airport.

TJ
Cambridge EGSC
Sign in to add your message