Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Legal action against pricing of some airports/handlers and funds gathering

Crowdjustice gives just 10 days to appoint a new case (for remaining money), wants veto on proposals… I think we should start looking for something else than Crowdjustice…

EP..

Why money can’t be used for the same case if needed? Let’s assume we agree on threshold of €50k, we collect €100k but we spend only €50k and the first stage of the process. Than we need the rest of the money for the second stage.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

EuroGA daily audience… and these are people actually interested in GA

Not sure are how many are ready to put “money where their mouth is”, but if every single one put in €25, we’d already have a pot of €25’000.

LSZK, Switzerland

It’s just heresay, but I’ve heard from the grapevine that in every instance where the Swiss FOCA (Fed Office of Civil Aviation) has been challenged in court on an administrative ruling (e.g. to broaden a taxiway that has existed for 30+ years), they’ve (FOCA) lost…. just to give people some hope. You UK folks can correct me if I’m wrong, but I think I’ve seen here that the UK CAA have had some bad luck too in this regard.

LSZK, Switzerland

You can never tell until you try it. Not even within two orders of magnitude.

The UK CAA wins most cases it brings but that is not a good example because a) they bring only the ones they are fairly sure they can win (mostly obvious cases of AOC busting, and provocative airspace busts) and b) they tell the accused he will face 5x bigger costs if he pleads Not Guilty, and the prospect of paying say ~10k concentrates the mind

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Emir wrote:

Why money can’t be used for the same case if needed? Let’s assume we agree on threshold of €50k, we collect €100k but we spend only €50k and the first stage of the process. Than we need the rest of the money for the second stage.

In Terms of Use: https://www.crowdjustice.com/terms-and-conditions/
they say that for the remaining money the next case needs to be started within 10 days from the end of previous one. No way such a regime will work for our problems. If we are not ready – they will take the remaining for their own foundation, called The Access to Justice Foundation. This is at least what I understand from the Unused Funds section, means NOGO with that platform.

EP..

What does “started” mean? It can’t be the court filing, so isn’t the start of any activity sufficient?

Biggin Hill

Am I right in thinking that under English law, the liability of persons funding such an action would not be limited to their initial contribution?

Incidentally,

The UK CAA wins most cases it brings

but it loses about 70% of contested charges (i.e. to which the accused pleads “not guilty”). So the golden rule is: if you ever get a snotty letter from the UK CAA flatfoots, call Mr Stephen Spence without delay.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

The losing party has to pay the winner’s reasonable cost.

Biggin Hill

Morning

I have nothing to had, whatever is decided I am in.

LPSR, Portugal
Sign in to add your message