Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LFPN during the Paris Airshow

I have to go to Paris for a business meeting from Monday to Wednesday next week, exactly during the Paris Airshow period which porbably make things not easier. Actually I planned to fly IFR into LFPN, so I checked the NOTAM and found this:

LFPN
FROM 15/06/01 05:00 UNTIL 15/06/30 20:30 B2568/15
AD CTL HOURS OF OPS: 0500-1930,
EXCEPT ON JUNE 01,03,15,22,28 : NOT PROVIDED

Does it mean, that the aerodrome is not controlled on 15-June? Anyone experiences about the traffic situation during the airshow? Do I have to expect slot times? I still can switch to Lufthansa, what’s your recommendation?

Hello Wolfpiolt – It indeed means that it is not controlled on those dates.

I have never noticed a particularly high spike in traffic during the Bourget airshow

No, there are no time slots or PPR during the week.

You can ask for a derogation to fly in on the dates that it’s closed, but you need to be French Proficient and know the local procedures.

If your french is weak then I advise to check-out Pontoise, although no doubt they will be much busier than Toussus since they handle all the Biz jet traffic that would normally go to Bourget, so they may have PPR and time slots .

Last Edited by Michael at 09 Jun 08:58
FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Michael, thank you … intersting that they somehow close the airport during the airshow time. Expected a lot of bizzjet traffic would also go to LFPN during those days. Since I am not French proficient the derogation procedure doesn’t work for me; I think I will fly LH to CDG :(

This has nothing to do with the Paris airshow.

These latest months LFPN and LFPT ATS have been shorthanded because controlers were promoted to other, bigger airports (and salaries) and they had not anticipated the replacements. They are therefore in the process of training new controlers but it will take a while until they are operational. In the meanwhile, the remaining controlers cannot man the tower every day of the week.

On a day LFPN is closed, there is a big chance LFPT will be open. In any event there are no restrictions on non-based aircraft landing at LFPT. Another alternative is Lognes. If you are IFR you can do the letdown at Melun and proceed VFR to Lognes. Lognes even have Customs!

Last Edited by Aviathor at 09 Jun 10:06
LFPT, LFPN

… ok, not really a question about ‘flying’, but how about taxi-connections from LFPT to Place d’Etoile? Is it feasable? LFPT could be an option, ideed.

You can get a taxi at LFPT. It is 10 km further from Place de l’Etoile than LFPN, but you have the benefit of taking the A15 motorway.

If you are on a shoestring, you can take the taxi to the Pontoise RER (A) station, and take the train to Etoile from there.

Accord Antenne Cergy Taxi +33 1 30 75 95 95

LFPT, LFPN
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message