Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lisboa Cascais (LPCS)

Hello,

I have to go in Portugal in a few weeks. We want to land in Cascais. Anyone have informations ? Handling mandatory or not ?

Nice flights

Romain

LFPT Pontoise, LFPB

Hi Romain,

To get an idea of the costs:
https://www.euroga.org/forums/trips-airports/4541-flying-vacation-in-portugal-a-paean-of-praise

AIP:
http://www.nav.pt/ais/VFRs/CASCAIS.pdf

The aip doesn’t mention anything about mandatory handling so I don’t think it is. However it would be a good idea to give them a call and check the usual stuff (parking etc…)

If coming VFR from the east, expect to be routed through the VFR corridor.

here are two videos of IFR arrival/departure cascais, if it is of interest for your case.

LFSB

A very friendly and surprisingly busy airfield.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

geekyflyer wrote:

The aip doesn’t mention anything about mandatory handling so I don’t think it is

I have been approached by the handling agent a number of times and have told them that I dont want handling and they
have just left it at that.

Been there several times, although not recently. Read up on the ‘tunnels’ (VFR corridors) that cross the Lisbon airspace and program them into your GPS (this assumes an arrival from the East or South), you are expected to fly these. Great little airport, had lots of biz jets. No mandatory handling (but check, that may have changed). Unless you are there only for a very short time (one hour or so), you’ll have to park on the west side of the field and will be picked up (and dropped off) at your plane by an airport bus. Enjoy!

Re your question on mandatory handling: Cascais is a GA-only airfield. Mandatory handling would be very very unusual at such places. Off the top of my head I can’t think of any GA-only airfield with mandatory handling (except maybe Le Bourget and similar). It also wouldn’t make much sense, since handling is usually to ensure GA pilots and their pax are kept away from CAT.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Anybody got any updates on Cascais? Thinking of visiting in May.

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom

We were there half a year ago. LPCS is not exactly a cheap place, landing and parking sums up to more than 70€ for three days with a Mooney. We didn’t refuel this time, but last time Avgas was expensive, as well. A Taxi to Lisbon is about 20€. To Sintra it’s about the same while it is much cheaper to Cascais or Estoril. It’s a stupid idea to take a taxi to the next train station and continue to Lisbon from there, as we did last time. It takes forever and saves less than five Euros.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Thanks terbang!

Spending too long online
EGTF Fairoaks, EGLL Heathrow, United Kingdom
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message