Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LNAV, PNAV, PRNAV, BRNAV, LPV, VPV - WTF does it all mean?

The versions of VNV on the G1000 that I am familiar with, do not provide vertical guidance on the approach once past the IF and proceeding to the FAF.

I just “flew” the RNAV (GPS) RWY 4 approach to Waxham (N52), NC (in the Cessna NAVIII G1000 Trainer v8.01; running NavData file the same as yours).
Entered at RICHE.
+V guided down to level off at 2500FT at PENNE.
GPS TERM to GPS LNAV+V when on final.
Intercepted APR/GP at 2500FT over WIXXU.
“Manual” levelling off at 1040FT while on GP, 0.8NM from RW04.
All as per the current chart (SE-2, 12 DEC 2013 to 09 JAN 2014).

But the most important correction is that Australians don’t actually drink Fosters. We keep it to export to England.

Correcting the correction:
Foster’s Lager has been brewed in Europe for “centuries”.
Those of us, who migrated South quite recently, brought our bad European hobbits with us

Last Edited by ANTEK at 31 Dec 01:59
YSCB

ANTEK,

That makes sense except I quibble with using the term +V for the descent portion between RICHE and PENNE, this is using VNV, not +V which is a WAAS term that applies to the LNAV+V advisory glidepath. The former is Baro VNAV, the latter is using GPS altitude.

Entered at RICHE. +V guided down to level off at 2500FT at PENNE.
GPS TERM to GPS LNAV+V when on final.

If you are in the Charlotte area, we should get together. I base my airplane at KUZA and live in Charlotte, NC.

KUZA, United States

I quibble with using the term +V for the descent portion between RICHE and PENNE, this is using VNV, not +V

You are absolutely right, of course. The only “excuse” I could offer is that I was guided by two purple Vs

If you are in the Charlotte area, we should get together.

You might do it in March, perhaps….

I base my airplane at KUZA

N52 was the nearest field (looking around KUZA) with “just” LNAV+V approaches.
You are spoiled rotten by all those LPVs everywhere.

Last Edited by ANTEK at 31 Dec 03:54
YSCB
53 Posts
Sign in to add your message