Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking back to my flying year 2014

10 Posts

Hello,

As I never posted any trip reports yet here i thought it might be the chance to start with a short review of some of my flights in 2014, not to compare with Peters and many others, but everyone might have started small.

The year started with a really nice flight to Berlin Schönhagen, to pic up my FI who brought up there an C182. I was at work, when i got a call of him, if I would like to pic him up in Berlin, at this time i did not even know which airport, luckily it was EDAZ. After asking my flying buddy if he would join me I agreed and had to speed up home as SS was still quite early on this 20th February. The flight was beautiful, we climbed to FL95 and had more or less a strait line from South to Nord, there was nearly no traffic on FIS and in this altitude we could overfly all CTR. FIS was very attentive and even recognized that I stopped the descend to EDAZ over EDDP, as he informed me when we had crossed EDDP and he said you can continuing your descend. The approch to EDAZ was not like in the books, but I took my lessons out of it.
See below a few pictures.

The home bound flight was IFR and my FI flew it.

The second big event was my NVFR raiting, I did it out of LSMF, the second night took us to EDSB.
I have short (not professional) video

Then it went quite a bit until I tried to fly to Croatia but was stopped already in LOWI. After the engine shut down on the runway and we hardly could start the engine again, i decided that we only fly back to LOIH, as due to a holiday nearly all airfields in my aera were closed. The day after we picked the aircraft up und brought it home.
My travelmate made anyway some pictures…. i took it more serious then he did….

After a few weeks only local flying, my flying mate ask me if I would join him over 1 August to fly, wherever the weather would be fine…. it was not too good around Switzerland, but good enough to fly to the north ;-) As I was at work he picked me up in LSZH and from there we flew to EDQG and then to EDDV. My part of the flight was beautiful, his first part not so….

After a night in Hannover we flew up to EDBH, I did not know that I enjoy flying at 2500ft for 90 minutes, but again a beautiful flight, no traffic, no turbulence’s and in Barth a nice ferry cruise from Barth to Zingst

As the forecast for our last home bound leg was not so great we decided to fly at least to EDDE the same day. It was again an uneventful flight (friend was flying) and Erfurt is worth a visit.

So already the last day had started, we flew from EDDE to EDTY and from there to EDJA and then home to LSMF. We had some clouds at the begin and at the end some Föhn with the related weather, but much less turbulence’s then expected.

Last Edited by luckymaaa at 02 Dec 21:06

Only 2 weeks later we flew together to LSZQ, the newest airfield in Switzerland. The flight was quite bumpy over the Jura.

There were a few other tripps, to Colmar, a other time to Innsbruck and a few times to Samedan, but not really to report anything…. but finally we got it, our brand new DR401….

I did already some flights with here/him/it ? and its great to fly this aircraft, its perfect for the mountains, climbs like a Capricorn and has an AP, G500 and a GTN650

Some pictures from the flight to/from LSZS.

and for all who like to know how to fly to Mollis LSMF a youtube video.

Take off

Landing

Hope you enjoyed this short review. And maybe one or the other follows..
Have nice evening.
Lucas

Last Edited by luckymaaa at 02 Dec 21:08

Wunderbar Lucas, thanks for posting!

Private field, Mallorca, Spain

Cool – thanks! Is it time to sum up 2014 already?

After a few weeks only local flying, my flying mate ask me if I would join him over 1 August to fly, wherever the weather would be fine…. it was not too good around Switzerland, but good enough to fly to the north ;-)

Funny – I did the same around that time, with a friend, wherever the weather would take up, though with a tendency to fly south of the Alps – and we did! Not CH though, we crossed much further to the East. That trip report is still due and will hopefully be posted before the years ends.

Hungriger Wolf (EDHF), Germany

Some lovely flying!

Thanks for sharing.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Hey Lucky

great to see you here!

lovely pics. appears you were luckyer (but with a nick like that…. ) than me this year with the weather despite all the rain.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Great pics – thank you for posting

Good to see another TB20 pilot here… I was getting the impression were were becoming rather scarce

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Hey, Lucky Man, lovely to see some nice flying pics from Switzerland (and elsewhere). You’ve found yourself a lucky club, too, to be able to get yourselves a brand new DR 401 – very nice!

Bordeaux

Hi Peter,

flying TRIN is really a nice way to enjoy time and waste money ;-) but she gets hard competition now …

I always read you reports and enjoy them, hope you have many trips planned for next year ;-)
My big goal is since 3 years Duxford for flying legends

Have a good Christmas time
Lucas

Hello Jojo,

yes, we have 3 really nice aircraft. Unfortunately the DR401 had to go back to Robin to make some repairs, as she had some (hopefully only) childrenssickness (Kinderkrankeiten).

Lucas

10 Posts
Sign in to add your message