Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for Aircraft paint shop

Airtime painted my Jetprop back in 2015.
I was and remain very satisfied with the level of service and quality of the finished product.
I even had some warranty work honoured when l visited them with my Aircraft last year.
I know since the owner of the parent company died last year there has been a lot of restructuring….
I hope they can survive in some form.

Cheers. E

eal
Lovin' it
VTCY VTCC VTBD

What kind of shop can touch up paint on a CS-25 aircraft? Does it need approval for work on the specific type or any shop can do it?

LPFR, Poland

There is a very good paint shop at a Cessna service centre at Doncaster airport. I saw a really amazing paint job on a Cessna jet a few years ago, while there. However I hear they are closing next month, allegedly because the management ran it into the ground.

Re CS25, I don’t know but that would have been one obvious point of contact.

Surprisingly, I find that car aerosol cans do a reasonable job (if you get the colour to match) provided you use a UV lacquer on top. The lacquer is absolutely the key thing. And one can buy colour matched paint from “pro” car paint places; min order typically 10 cans.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I used Flymoore for a comprehensive bare metal respray with new windows, new wing spar attachment brackets, a full check over and other work.

They will deal with any corrosion in an open and cost effective way, they are happy that you view at any point and encourage you to see the aircraft after stripping so you can see any issues and decide on remedial actions. Important with an old plane.

I’ll go back there next time without hesitation.

United Kingdom

Yes, Flymoore do an excellent job. They did my Grumman Tiger in 2013 and it’s still looking great.

NeilC
EGPT, LMML

Thanks everyone for the posts and PMs. If you have any further suggestions, please let me know!

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Some years ago we did both our club’s PA28s at Termikas in Lithuania, and we are satisfied with their job.

ESMK, Sweden

Not this one I hope… That plane was scrapped, as you see at the end.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Lots of Swedish aircraft have been done by Termikas and people seem generally happy with the result. I’ve heard some complaints of delays or additional cost, but none about the quality of work.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@Airborne_Again any further developments on the paint-front ?

EBST, Belgium
Sign in to add your message