Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for fields of flowers from an airplane, for a book

Hello,

I am looking for fields of flowers in bloom in Europe. I live in the Spanish Pyrenees (American, for whatever that’s worth). So far, I have photographed tulip fields in NL, rapeseed in DE, vineyards in autumn color in southern F. I plan on lavender in Provence in June and peach orchards in two weeks near Lleida, Spain.

Does anyone know of any additional must see scenery like this? It needs to be a crop/orchard, where I can fill the entire frame, using a 300mm zoom lens. If its wildflowers, more than likely it doesn’t work so hot unless they are dense. Here is a good example of what I am looking for.

You could try the wine in Germany at the Mosel. In north west Germany you often have small fields with maize, corn, wheat, oat or barley. However you might want to look to east germany as there are huge fields that are not that segregated as in north west Germany. In Bavaria they grow hops, in Palatinate they grow all sorts of vegetables, in the Altes Land you will find many apple plantages and in Schleswig they grow wind turbines.

Sorry for not having more precise coordinates though.

Last Edited by mh at 28 Feb 14:35
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

Perhaps the fruit plantations in Friuli and Alto Adige, in Northern Italy? Not really geometric forms, though, and that seems to be what you are after. Also, do not fly too low when photographing them, they are so dense that emergency landing options are very scarce in some areas.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

Early May in Germany for rectangular fields of brilliant yellow rapeseed bordered by green?

Tököl LHTL

Thank you. I have been to the yellow fields in Germany, and the wine regions of the Rhein. I’ll take a look at Italy.

It seems here in Spain that I keep finding things like this without knowing they exist beforehand. Local crops are certainly intriguing. While we do grow stuff in the USA, there tends not to be dense, uninterrupted, and widespread coverage of flowering trees and plants – only things like corn and wheat. Orchards and other things are restricted to sections of California and Washington, or kept to very small spaces that are not photogenic.

5 Posts
Sign in to add your message