Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for MEP (Turbo PA30, PA34-II/III, T310)

Hello, everybody,

I hope bids are allowed here?!
I apologize in advance if not.

Before I go “shopping” in the USA, I ask here; I am looking for a Turbo MEP.
Planecheck, aeromarkt & co are known. So far nothing suitable (hangar queens).

In general:
- IFR (minimum: 2-axis AP, GNS 430 or larger, HSI, GMA340 or equivalent, GTX330 or equivalent, second artificial horizon preferred, glass not required, but “nice”)
- max midtime engine
- regularly flown (~ 50 h per year)
- max 5000h total time, no training
- ~ 100.000 €

The following types may be considered:

PA30 (Turbo):
- Useful load: > 520 kg
- minimum 120 GAL tanks

Seneca:
- II or III
- Useful load: ~ 700 kg (>1999 MTOW)
- minimum 128 GAL tanks

T310
- Useful load: ~ 800 kg (>1999)
- >= 180 GAL tanks

Since I sold my aircraft a few weeks ago, I can promise a quick transaction and, if desired, cash payment.
Pre Buy Inspection (preferred in Germany).
Important documents (Form 1, Release to Service etc. of e.g. engine overhaul, avionics installation, STC of mandatory installations) preferred in advance via email/dropbox etc.

Solvent buyer with interest in a fair and efficient transaction.

So if you know someone who knows someone and who wants to sell his aircraft… please PM me.

Thanks and best regards

You should also look at PA-23s, I have heard many good things about them.

ESSZ, Sweden

You should perhaps shoot Adam a PM – he knows a lot about legacy twins.

The nicest 310 I’ve ever seen was N302MC a T310Q … It was owned by Air Atlantique boss who had spent a fortune on it. Ram engines, glass panel. I know the guy that bought it, he had it advertised. Maybe it’s still for sale. I’ll ask, it’s in England.

Buying, Selling, Flying
EISG, Ireland

The problem with us MEP owners is that we are so far upside down that the only reasonable thing to do is to fly them to TBO and beyond :-)

Fly310 wrote:

You should also look at PA-23s, I have heard many good things about them.

I looked at all of them – according to my mission profile, money available, the three types named above remain on my list. But thanks for the hint!

WilliamF wrote:

The nicest 310 I’ve ever seen was N302MC a T310Q … It was owned by Air Atlantique boss who had spent a fortune on it. Ram engines, glass panel. I know the guy that bought it, he had it advertised. Maybe it’s still for sale. I’ll ask, it’s in England.

sounds interesting – but I guess, far beyond my budget. Glass is expensive…

wleferrand wrote:

The problem with us MEP owners is that we are so far upside down that the only reasonable thing to do is to fly them to TBO and beyond :-)

true! :-)

If you need to stay under 1999kg, you’ve pretty much mentioned all options there are.

I personally think that if you’re gonna step up, you might as well get an all-weather plane you can actually use in IMC. I’m very favorable to Aerostar’s and especially 601P’s, but admit they’re not the cheapest to maintain, always. They offer very good bang-for-buck, though. And are actually very frugal on fuel.

If you add turbocharger and pressurisation to a legacy MEP maintenance expense and dispatch have a strong inverse relationship.

This rare normally aspirated Aerostar will deliver 200KTAS with a more reliable dispatch.

https://www.planecheck.com/?ent=da&id=47389 planecheck_N70VB_47389_pdf

The 337P, not a shrinking violet on the maintenance front, is a viable type with the advantage of being able to operate on grass.

Last Edited by RobertL18C at 02 Mar 20:31
Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Yeah, the P337 isn’t a bad choice. As mentioned, not known for bargain basement maintenance, but they sure make up for it in purchase price and available mods. Lots of bang for buck here.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message