Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Low Flying

This video was posted elsewhere and made my jaw drop.

Just sharing it in case some of you haven’t seen it yet.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=172_1391973627

Colm

Last Edited by dublinpilot at 09 Feb 21:52
EIWT Weston, Ireland

I daresay, there have been two idiots at work and came eventually came out on top of it.

These guys weren’t so lucky with essentially the same “stunt”: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=0c6_1389025127

Last Edited by mh at 09 Feb 22:35
mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

That looks foolish, even if this was a stunt routine and was well rehearsed with a suitably qualified pilot. This doesn’t look like the kind of plane that could easily recover from a slight wind shear and prevent contact with the ground at such a steep angle. On the other hand, the clip in this video, albeit likely to pierce the guy’s eardrums, looks safer, and is very funny.

Isn’t that a clip from a UK TV series from the 1980s or 1990s called the Air Show, and that reporter is called something like Peter de Cadenet? He did a “test” of a Rockwell Commander (114 or 115). There is actually a pilot of that name but he says it’s not him.

They also had a not unattractive female presenter who did her PPL and in one of the episodes did her first solo, putting on an incredibly nervous act (or maybe it was real) with the instructor on the ground with a handheld radio, holding her hands all the way round. When I went for my PPL years later I was amazed that on the first solo the instructor just leaves you alone to fly while he goes off around the corner to have a fag

Edit: Alain de Cadenet – here

Last Edited by Peter at 09 Feb 23:02
Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

That clip has been around the block a dozen times but I still find it very funny.

Forever learning
EGTB

Alain de Cadenet had an extremely hot daughter (Amanda ) and for all I know she probably still is. She was a presenter on “The Word” a late night TV programme of dubious taste but I used to watch it just for her
I think the Air Show presenter Peter mentions was Helen Young better known as a weather presenter who was married to an airline pilot.

Egnm, United Kingdom
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message