Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LPV, LNAV/VNAV, APV, baro-VNAV, +V (merged)

ANTEK wrote:

Would the GNSS530W programme, downloaded today, contain the new (February 2013) database?

No. Contact me via email.

KUZA, United States

The Honeywell avionics of our Citations are able to do that, but the link to autopilot/flight director is disabled in German/European installations. What we get though is a "raw data" glideslope indication which is a lot better than nothing.

That's outrageous, surely... It that an AOC requirement?

I don't think it is AOC related but rather one of the subtle differences between American and European certification requirements. The importer of the aircraft does not know if they will be operated privately or commercially. Therefore every aircraft going throgh the hands of an official Cessna representative will get all unapproved options disabled. Until recently we had a Citation V Ultra in our fleet that they bought directly from the previous owner in the States and which was able to fly the nicest coupled GPS approaches on can imagine. On exacty the same NAV/FMS/autpilot/kit as the other aircraft who can't.

EDDS - Stuttgart

If this is legal, one would get somebody to get hold of the installer manuals and just enable the stuff.

It was the same with my TB20. Stormscope heading disabled, KLN94 set to VFR only... there was no legal justification for this and the moment the CAA inspector was out of the door and the G callsign stuck to the side, the dealer just "fixed" it, off the books of course.

I think most of these European deviations are just an inspector playing the "power game", with no legal basis.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I have flown LNAV/+V into Lille. OK. An advisory "glideslope" is not really a glideslope, but look in the video here from 6 minutes 37 sec. It is in Dutch, but I describe here flying into Lille LNAV + V where V is advisory. I fly the vertical guidance on the autopilot. It picks it up like the glideslope on the ILS.

I can't get the link in here ok. I don't know why.:

[did it in the end. The URL is the real youtube one and needs a space after it - Peter]

EDLE, Netherlands

Question to AeroPlus:

What make of cameras did you mount under the wings? GeoPro HD?

My compliments :).. Rotterdam to Lille -

PS I also tried, several times, to insert this link, but failed miserably.

[The Youtube site keeps changing the way they present the URLs. In this case, I used

h t t p://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hggRHinrvs

and with a space after it. The space is a bug in the euroga.org code - Peter]

YSCB

GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition inside. Outside also a GoPro Hero 3.

EDLE, Netherlands

If this is legal, one would get somebody to get hold of the installer manuals and just enable the stuff.

That's not so easy. If it is not explicitely allowed no maintenance guy over here will do it. He would have to open and re-seal the FMS box, after which the modification can be traced back to him. And if I do it myself (sometimes the temptation is there ;-) ) and they find the seals missing on the FMS, they will send it back to Honeywell for a 50.000+$ overhaul...

The only way to get that function enabled legally would be to prove that it complies to the Part23/Part25 (in our case) certification requirements. Which for me would be too much of a hassle - that really is a task for the official importer!

EDDS - Stuttgart

I would think this is in the config menus. For sure, it is thus in all the GA products I have seen.

In some, I believe the G500 and above, there is a "lock code" to enter which only a Garmin dealer will have and, from what I've heard, there are different codes for different features. Obviously I would never buy such a product unless I had the code(s).

The point is that if this feature is enabled, nobody can tell when or by whom.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks Peter for the YouTube fix.

EDLE, Netherlands

The best way to embed YouTube videos is to first view the video on the YouTube site, then click the "Share" link underneath the video. The correct URL is then highlighted, so just hit Copy (ctrl + C, or cmd + C on a Mac). Paste that in to your message - no need for spaces or anything.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message