Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Maastricht EHBK

10 Posts

Good morning, flying into Maastricht EHBK on Friday (weather not looking great at the moment so might be a bit of an adventure). Despite the AIP saying handling is mandatory, I did get in touch with the handler and it actually isn’t. Does anyone have any experience with EHBK?

thanks,
Wim

LFHN - Bellegarde - Vouvray France

I found it to be good but it has a very big airport feel wrt to things like security etc.

EGTK Oxford

thanks, it is a utility thing, need to be 15KM’s away, this is what they are quoting for the parking/landing fee
landingfees €16,55 ex
Parkingfees € 29,16 (p/d € 9,72 ex)
Handling fees only on request
Avgas is available

forgot to say this is for a Piper Comanche 2PAX

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 12 Sep 08:55

Hi Wim, I’ve been to EHBK a couple of times. There is no handling required.
Airport gets little traffic. The city Maastricht is very pretty.

Thanks Lenthamen

So, I finally ended up driving from LFHN to where I needed to be about 30KMs away from EHBK. I think I made the right choice, though weather on Saturday was way better than predicted, the flight back on Sunday wouldn’t have been much fun and I would have been in IMC probably before I could have picked up my IFR clearance. Since we live in the mountains not something I was very comfortable doing (this is my first year as an instrument rated pilot.
Would you have gone?
!!

Sorry I should have clarified I needed to be there on Friday and needed to be back at work this morning…

Last Edited by LFHNflightstudent at 19 Sep 10:00

Hi,

According to the AIP and this report https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=581 handling is now mandatory? Anybody knows if that’s actually being enforced or if there are any exceptions?

Planning a day trip soon.

EHLE, Netherlands

Enforced :(

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Handling is mandatory indeed. :-( Depending on your mission, I suggest you use EDKA.

Switzerland

Thanks Peter and Frans, I suspected as much.
EDKA looks like a nice destination for other trips, will sure look into it in the future.

EHLE, Netherlands
10 Posts
Sign in to add your message