Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Need a mechanic for 100 hours check on a Robin ATL (Canary Islands)

Hello,

This is very especific question I hope anyone can help me as I am bit desperate.

I was wondering if any of you, have knowledge of a mechanic who can travel to the canary islands to perform a 100 hour inspection for a robin ATL. Under the self declared programme In as pilot owner can do the 50 hours check, but I am afraid I will have to ground the plane by the time the 100 inspection is due ( probably in 2 or 3 months) . We have tools, and people with the knowledge to do it, but someone able to sign the inspection is what we lack unfortunately.

thanks

Spain

I might have got this wrong as I’ve only been doing 90 hours per annum therefore it hasn’t come up as I end up into the Annual inspection.

However, my original maintenance organisation was happy for me to do 2 × 50 hour checks = 100 hours but it was the 150 hour check he would not let me do. Perhaps that’s a PA28 thing or perhaps I have remembered this wrong.

Are you sure you can’t do the 100 hour yourself?

United Kingdom

I know one guy in Reus whom you surely know, and one in Mallorca. Both may be willing to travel for a price, but it will not be cheap, since it most likely cannot be a day-return trip (ie they will likely bill two full working days plus expenses) .

One way to get significant savings is if you can find someone in MAD (likely, but I dont know anyone there) and you are located at one of the main airports (GCLP, or GCTS) so he can travel south in the morning, inspect and sign the job and return in the evening…then perhaps you only pay one working day plus flights:

Sample day-return flights from MAD for 70EUR

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Generally, EASA aircraft maintenance licenses are supposed to be accepted across all EASA countries without further formalities, so if the Spanish CAA really interprets it as “no formalities whatsoever” (as opposed to “come to the office and get registered” or something like this), it could actually make sense to recruit an engineer from one of the colder European countries who wants to take a winter vacation in Canary Islands and earn some money on the way.

LKBU (near Prague), Czech Republic

Or find one holidaying there, perhaps over Christmas?

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom

wow thank you everyone

Archer-181 wrote:

However, my original maintenance organisation was happy for me to do 2 × 50 hour checks = 100 hours but it was the 150 hour check he would not let me do. Perhaps that’s a PA28 thing or perhaps I have remembered this wrong.

Great idea, but I asked the CAMO who does the ARC renewal ( they dont perform any maintance on the aircraft, just renew the ARC) and they said unfortunately, it cannot be done like that

Antonio wrote:

I know one guy in Reus whom you surely know, and one in Mallorca. Both may be willing to travel for a price, but it will not be cheap, since it most likely cannot be a day-return trip (ie they will likely bill two full working days plus expenses) .

One way to get significant savings is if you can find someone in MAD (likely, but I dont know anyone there) and you are located at one of the main airports (GCLP, or GCTS) so he can travel south in the morning, inspect and sign the job and return in the evening…then perhaps you only pay one working day plus flights:

Could you pass me the contact of that person in Reus? – I went there a few weeks ago for a night stop. when I was bringing the plane from France to the Canaries.
The CAMO also said there was a person in Madrid with a part 66 licence who can do the job, unfortunately they said, this person wouldnt want to travel here.

Ultranomad wrote:

EASA aircraft maintenance licenses are supposed to be accepted across all EASA countries without further formalities, so if the Spanish CAA really interprets it as “no formalities whatsoever” (as opposed to “come to the office and get registered” or something like this), it could actually make sense to recruit an engineer from one of the colder European countries who wants to take a winter vacation in Canary Islands and earn some money on the way.

Yes . There is another robin atl. HA-VFR. Which belongs to the malev aeroclub, near Budapest. It seems they are using the plane for the club, so I guess they must have someone there doing the maintenance, I sent them en email a few days ago, but still no reply.

Maoraigh wrote:

Or find one holidaying there, perhaps over Christmas?

Thats the thing, who wouldnt want to come here , all inclusive, but its harder than I thought.

thanks again!

Spain

Not many EASA66 mechanics do freelance work, because most of them work for companies full time. Most freelancers I have known were FAA A&P/IA types who tend to do a lot more freelance work. One used to travel to Greece regularly and do a load of work there, on N-regs.

I have asked mine (he is EASA66 also) but he is very busy right now.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

AtlMike wrote:

Could you pass me the contact of that person in Reus?

Rosique

They are renowned for not turning down any requirement…if you are willing to pay the right price.

disclaimer: I bear no relationship with them.

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Peter wrote:

Not many EASA66 mechanics do freelance work, because most of them work for companies full time. Most freelancers I have known were FAA A&P/IA types who tend to do a lot more freelance work. One used to travel to Greece regularly and do a load of work there, on N-regs.

I have asked mine (he is EASA66 also) but he is very busy right now

thank you Peter,

I have been traveling to Hungary these days, back last night. I tried to visit some mechanics there, still messaging let’s see if it works out.

Antonio wrote:
Rosique

They are renowned for not turning down any requirement…if you are willing to pay the right price.
disclaimer: I bear no relationship with them.

Thank you Antonio for the contact, tried to call/ email them but no replies so far :(

Last Edited by AtlMike at 22 Nov 15:18
Spain
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message